Droid Razr Maxx touchscreen issues?
scaseyhall
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a new Razr Maxx and I have issues where the screen "jumps around" or looks like it is shaking when I am typing in a text field??  Also have issues where the keys just seem to type by themself and I can't stop it without forcing the phone to power off??

Thanks

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Razr Maxx touchscreen issues?
B33
Legend

Here are a couple things you can Do Shut off Haptic Feed Back, in the Display Cut the Brightness Down to About 10% an Uncheck the Automatic Brightness. That should help some.. on the Keyboard Go into Language & Keyboard an go into settings an touch Multi-touch Keyboard an Uncheck Next Word Prediction if it's checked..

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is unusual behavior for the Razr Maxx scaseyhall. The haptic feedback suggestion is definitely a good recommendation. If the issue persists, please run the device in safe mode for a while to determine if third party apps may be causing the issue. http://bit.ly/rxg0ii

Sincerely,

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I have this un checked in both my X an Maxx it Annoys me that why i did the Un check..

0 Likes
scaseyhall
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you!!

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Your Welcome b33

0 Likes
phatdonkey78

disabling the haptic feedback and display setting did nothing for my phone.  i also have a droid razr maxx and this issue just started about 30 minutes ago.  phone was good to go all day, went to text someone and it was jumping around and typing by itself.  very frustrating.  any other possible fixes or should i go to a verizon store?

even going into the setting screen is a hassle.  if i just hold a finger on the screen it jumps up and down with my finger in one spot.

0 Likes
phatdonkey78

did a factory reset and the phone is still acting up.  any other info that might help me?

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I have a Strong Feeling you have a Rogue App that's in both Phones that is Causing these Issues if your Seeing it in your Razr an Now in your Maxx it's either that or you have something Interfering in your Home.  Does the Issue go a when your in a Different Location.?  Put your Phone in Safe Mode an Try that Here's How:

Safe mode is a method that allows the device to run without non-essential applications. This is beneficial for troubleshooting 3rd party applications.

Enable Safe mode

1. Power the device off.
    Note Press and hold the Power button then select Power off.
    Power button
  2. Power the device on.
    Note Press and momentarily hold the Power button.
  3. When the Motorola Dual Core screen appears, simultaneously press and hold Volume Up / Down keys.
    Safe mode
  4. Continue to hold the Volume Up / Down keys until Safe mode appears in the lower left.
    Safe mode

Disable Safe mode

1. Power the device off.
    Note Press and hold the Power button then select Power off.
  2. Power the device on.
    Note Press the Power button.
0 Likes