Re: Problems with Wireless Hotspot on HTC Thunderbolt
budone
Legend

You need to keep the hotspot in order to tether

0 Likes
paulanderegg

There is a down side to tethering I have discovered.  Internet on the phone is disconnected, and navigation does not function........if it's not one thing it's another.

Paul

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Although I use the hotspot instead, both work fine for me.

0 Likes
shawnone

Just thought I'd chime in.  I was having the hotspot issues with my thunderbolt since the first day.  Got a replacement handset and same problem, the hotspot would frequently drop me and I'd have to reset the hotspot.

I just got the new Samsung Galaxy Nexus and NO MORE PROBLEMS.  Its been 4 hours and I haven't been dropped once.  I even walked away from the computer for 45 minutes, came back and it was still connected.  The phone is awesome all around.  If you're having the hotspot issues just get rid of that POS thunderbolt.  I also hear the samsung charge is no better.

Just thought I'd share my experience.

0 Likes
tucknet

It still doesn't work....at the suggestion of HTC, I've had Verizon reprovision my hotspot service and I've done a hard reset....I've finally gotten all my apps, etc. reloaded and now HTC suggests that I exchange it....I'm going to try to change phones to a non-HTC...

0 Likes
tucknet

Oh well... a new phone is not an option so I'm going to just turn it off and stop paying the $26 monthly fee....there is obviously no intent on acknowledging or fixing this problem....

0 Likes
pat3332
Contributor - Level 2

Same with the Rezound. I work a 12 hour shift and it stays up for all 12 hours. The main reason I didn't get the Nexus was because of the reports at that time of problems with the network connection, so glad yours is working out for you. I still don't understand why the network connection on the Bolt worked for the first three months and then quit, but I couldn't be happier with the Rezound, even if it was an expensive swap.

0 Likes
tucknet

Update....after contacting HTC, they thought that it was a software issue....apparently, the latest update may have not taken.....they suggested just starting over so I got a new HTC Thunderbolt (replacement/refurbished)....it appears that she was right....it appears to work now...

0 Likes