Help, My Droid Razr Max keeps shutting down
2bodacious

I Just bought by new Droid Razr Max on May 12th,  On May 14th it shut down and I was unable to make it work.  I took it to the Verizon store and the customer service rep. rebooted it by holding down the power button and the volume button.  I had charged it all night on the charger it came with so it was not because it was a low battery.  Since the Verizon representative could not reproduce the shut down she gave it back to me and said keep using it.  Then it happened again 3 days later and I then I rebooted it by holding down the power button and volume button.  I called Verizon and they told me to take it back to the store.  Of course when I took it back this time the manager said there was nothing wrong with it and he could not reproduce the problem.  To take it home and if I had any problems to bring it back.  Well it shut down again yesterday Wednesday 5/23/12.  I took it back to the store.  They rebooted it but could not reproduce the problem as to why it was shutting down.  They said I had probably downloaded an app that is not working properly.  Since the manager or the previous customer service representative that had worked on the phone was not there, it was not documented.  Only the call to Verizon was.  Again take the phone home and use it   There is no problem that they could see. 

I have not downloaded any apps that are problematic, I charge it on its own charger all night so the battery is not low.  I only receive 2 phone calls when it shut down.  I have not dropped it.  I do not use excessively  only  to look at my emails or take a call.  I answer emails from my home pc.  Is this phone able to handle more usage without shutting down?  I am afraid I must be doing something wrong. The store wants me to come by everytime I need to reboot. Is this normal.  The manager said that they would replace it if need be but since this was not documented the customer service people said just come in when I have a problem again. Is it normal to bring in the phone 3 times in 11 days?

Need your advise. Thank you in advance.

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator Post moved from the Samsung Galaxy Nexus space to the DROID Razr by Motorola space for more exposure. <>

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Help, My Droid Razr Max keeps shutting down
mikem84
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sometimes you just get a bad device. You have a 14 day return period. I would not hesitate to return it for another new one or a different model. If you wait past the 14 days to get it replaced, you will not get a" NEW" one, you will get a refurbished one. 

0 Likes
rhoopes
Contributor - Level 1

Oh it will be a new one promise you. Or they'll lose me.

0 Likes
2bodacious

Hi, I don't have the 14 days anymore according to them.  I had originally got an Iphone on 5/6 but turned it in within 1 week to swap it out for a droid razr on 5/12.  So I have only had the droid razr 12 days but since I swapped it out they are counting the 6 days I had the Iphone.  (I did not know that) I thought it was 14 days for the Razr.  They also charged me a restocking fee for the Iphone.  They gave me different stories everytime I have go back which is 4 times already.  What do you think I should do next?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You already used your ONE exchange allowed in the return policy. You are stuck with the phone and two year contract. The best that you can hope for is getting a refurbished replacement.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Ann is Correct on the 1 Exchange an it should have had been written some were on the box or on a small included piece paper & or on the Sales Receipt about the $35 Restocking fee.  That recovers the cost of returning the device some what of a Way..

0 Likes