Help! Phone keeps restarting. Cannot shut down. Don't know how to access battery.
TracyBagley
Enthusiast - Level 2

help!!! my phone just went nuts & I can't even turn it off! The start screen just keeps going on & on & on. I went through all the FAQS & can't even figure out how to remove battery. I am recently widowed & am electronically challenged on a good day. I'm in tears tonight. If anyone can help...

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Help! Phone keeps restarting. Cannot shut down. Don't know how to access battery.
B33
Legend

Tracy the Battery on the phone you have is NOT Accessible it is a Sealed battery did they not Tell you this at the Store that you Bought it At!  If the Phone is still on you can do What is Called a Soft Reset. Here are those Instructions:

Press and hold power button+volume down key until the device powers off then release.

Power and Volume Down keys

Re: Help! Phone keeps restarting. Cannot shut down. Don't know how to access battery.
Cody21
Master - Level 2

@B33 - is that picture of the RAZR or the RAZR MAXX ??  'cause the Power button on the MAXX is on the TOP.  

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

If you follow B33's advice, it will power off and then you should be able to power on your phone as you normally would.

B33
Legend

Cody21 Power button is on side chief on both of the Razr / Razr Maxx  No room for it to be on top because of the HDMI an Power Mini UHF an the Headphone Jack is there Smiley Happy..b

Cody21
Master - Level 2

brain fart ... still klinging to the image of my DX .. 

B33
Legend

That's Ok i have them too! it happens when you get over 40 b

0 Likes
TracyBagley
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks. I did what u said. Now it won't do anything. It just has the Motorola logo on & doesn't do anything else.No they did not tell me it had a sealed battery. They didn't tell me how to turn it off either. The store I went to pretty much sucked as I had to transfer my own pics & videaos from my old phone. I think I may have made a mistake coming to Verizon.  Now I guess I'll take this very expensive phon back. The reason I came to verison is because my old phone was an original Razr, it's  7 yrs old & I've never had a problem & Verizon is the only place that carries the RAZR.  I am a shutin w/lots of health problems & this is my only way to get ahold of people. I really don't know what I'm going to do. However, thank all of you for your support,

B33
Legend

Your Welcome.!  Was you able to get another Device Tracy..

SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Tracy, it sounds to me like you'd be happier with a basic phone. Do not pay for an expensive smartphone and monthly data plan when all you want is something to make calls. You have 14 days to return it, and do not let the rep talk you into another smartphone if that is not what you want.

You can buy a basic phone here, on amazon.com, on eBay, etc. I have seen the original RAZRs (the nonsmartphones) sold new on eBay. If you buy there, make sure it's Verizon branded, not prepay only, and it has a clean electronic serial number (ESN) that you check with Verizon before you pay for the phone.

Another idea: You can buy a new LG Cosmos 2, a messaging phone, off-contract for $150 on Amazon, or get it through Verizon on a two-year contract.

Good luck and please post back if you have any other questions.

0 Likes