Droid Razr reports "No SIM card" when being charged to wall socket.
dollarbang

I saw the message "No SIM card" while my Droid was being charged. It still displayed the message after I had removed it from the charger. I powered off, and on and the message did not display. Also, while it was powered off, I reseated the SIM card (only as a precaution).

Question: Why does charging cause the Droid to disconnect the SIM card?

Question: Why is the SIM card treated differently from the SD card in that the SD is locked in place, while the SIM card pokes out when the trap is opened? The only method of keeping the SIM card secured is to keep the door trap latched, woe be it if that thing breaks.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Razr reports "No SIM card" when being charged to wall socket.
B33
Legend

The Sim Card is What Makes that Phone Operate the Life Blood of it. With out a Sim you got Basically a Paper Weight. Try doing a Soft Reset An one other Thing i Recommend is that you Read the Manual an Get Familiar with it..b33

Here's how you do a Soft Reset:

Press and hold power button+volume down key until the device powers off then release.

Power and Volume Down keys

Here's Something else i think will help in your Case:

I wanted to Add these Pics of the Pamplet that Comes with Sim Card when a phone is Shipped to the Consumer that has received there new 4G phone this is what should be packed with the New phone as well as other contents. B33 

I wanted to add if you want to super Impose the Picture Just take your Mouse put it on the center of the picture an Left.. click it.

Q R. Guide 1 pg.jpegQ R Guide.jpegQ.R. Guide pg3.jpeg

0 Likes
B33
Legend

One other Thing i  Dug Up for you So you can Look over to Help you learn the Ins & outs of your Phone:

Ok here you Go the Manual For your Razr Just click on the Link:

http://www.motorola.com/staticfiles/Support/US-EN/Mobile%20Phones/DROID-RAZR/Documents/Staticfiles/R...

0 Likes
dollarbang

Thank you for your input, I would not have gotten this far if I hadn't RTM.

My query was as simple as a newbie to the Droid could be. I noticed something unusual, and asked the world for a simple reason why? My query was also an observation of the ambiguity in the design between the SIM and SD cards

I have the manual on my PC, and have already seen the Verizon video. It was about as informing as watching an old training video the USArmy forced me to watch during Basic Training.

Nothing in the manual or the video discussed what I observed, that is why I posted this query looking for guidance.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Ok glad to Help..

0 Likes