problem: droid razr battery fully drained, white light when plugged to usb?
JCNieves2

Hello

I just got the phone new out of box at beginning of month, Battery was fully drainded today,when I plugged the usb to charge phone a bright white light shines on front screen.  Is the phone toast? or is this normal?

Thank you for any help.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: problem: droid razr battery fully drained, white light when plugged to usb?
Jaro

Hi, This is actually normal when the phone is completely drained and does not have enough power to be turned on. In this situation the white light will be on to let you know it's charging and will only stay lit until the battery is charged enough to allow the device to power on. The white light will NOT light up whenever the device is plugged and it does have enough power to be turned on. This works the same on the Motorola XYBoars Tablet.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

usb charging is worthless, use the wall charger.

Jonneh22
Enthusiast - Level 2

if wall charger does not work..hold the power button and volume down at the same time for 10-20secs..should get rid of the light and can charge

B33
Legend

I agree with Bear 1000%:  Wall charger / Car Charger Motorola O.E.M. & Nutten else b33

0 Likes
mic_chic
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you!!!  I had just gotten a replacement (got mine wet) and the battery died and the white light came on.  I was trying to charge in my car using USB cord.  I went to the store thinking it was toast but the guy plugged in a wall charger and it immediately came on.  Well just this morning it died and I charge from my computer.  Again the white light of death and I could do nothing. I thought I would see if I could find  help on-line.

It worked!!  Thanks again.  The Verizon people need to know this tidbit!!

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

you've been told usb isn't a good way to charge the batt & yet after seeing things work/charge with a wall charger, you go back to a usb attempt at charging from the computer/usb & end up with the same problem with the white light.

verizon people know usb charging is worthless, you seem to be the only one who thinks it really works as efficiently as the wall charger.

0 Likes
mic_chic
Enthusiast - Level 1

I do not think I said a single word about effectiveness of the USB. My

reply was to the specific direction of getting the USB cord to begin

charging once the battery light has turned white by pressing the power &

volume buttons simultaneously. That worked. When I'm home, I charge via

wall but at work & on the go I use the USB. It fully charges my phone so I

am unaware of the big to do about it. Thank you and have a great day. I do

not require any further unsolicited messages from whoever you are.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

if you really think charging a phone, that's on, with a usb, is getting a full charge you're dreaming.

re-read your comment in the post i replied to:

"I went to the store thinking it was toast but the guy plugged in a wall charger and it immediately came on.

Well just this morning it died and I charge from my computer.  Again the white light of death and I could do nothing".

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Bear Sending a D.M. Shortly..

0 Likes