Unable to send or receive media messages. LG Lucid
Sennyo

I got this phone in mid-April, however since getting it I have been unable to send and receive media messages. I am however able to send/receive media emails. I am using Chomp SMS for texting, as the default messaging application wasn't splicing long texts (sending one blank message instead, or simply failing to send). However, even with Chomp I am unable to receive/send media messages. I am at first given a "download" option for the media image/file, and then it turns into an unlinked box and a URL that never leads anywhere.

2012-05-14 01.09.44.png

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unable to send or receive media messages. LG Lucid
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand the importance of communicating via text and I'm here to assist you! You are currently using a 3rd party application in which we do not support but I would like to get to the root of the problem. Can you attempt to send a picture message to and from your self via the stock messaging feature that originally came with the phone? Once you attempt to send/receive the message please reply back with the results.  I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you for your involvement in our community forums,

AyaniB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Make sure you have your cellular data connection on when sending and receiving multimedia messages.  It won't work with just wifi on.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
grilla

I'm having this problem, how do you check data connection? I disconnected from my wifi and I still can't send a picture message.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great question grilla! You can check your data connection by disabling Wi-Fi. Once that's done, your phone is forced to connect to the cellular network. Open up your browser and navigate to a web page. If it loads, data is working. If it isn't try restarting the device. The key is to disable Wi-Fi. I hope that answers your question!

Regards,

MikeS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
halasauntie
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just got the Lucid and I found this discussion to find out how to send and recieve media messages. So my question is, is this process using my verizon data 2gb while sending and recieving media messages? Ifso, that sucks! Is there any other way to send and recieve them without using my verizon data?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

halasauntie wrote:

I just got the Lucid and I found this discussion to find out how to send and recieve media messages. So my question is, is this process using my verizon data 2gb while sending and recieving media messages? Ifso, that *****! Is there any other way to send and recieve them without using my verizon data?

Yes, MMS messages use a part of your data allowance.  It has always used the phone data connection for transfer the attachments.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
halasauntie
Enthusiast - Level 2

Does it make a huge difference that I should worry about and send pictures via email instead to someone phone and vise versa?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Picture messages sent via text message are restricted to a maximum size. If you send the same picture via email over the cellular data connection, the data transferred will be larger. If the email is sent over WiFi, then that amount of data won't count towards your data allowance in the smartphone data plan.

0 Likes
halasauntie
Enthusiast - Level 2

I only have 2gb and only get online when connected to wifi. I always have the data connection turned off. So If I only you use data connection to send pics, which i hardly send any maybe 10 a month we will see, will I have enough gb for that?

0 Likes