*** Security Warning ***?!
bruiserchamp

I just got this HTC thunderbolt from a friend and downloaded the software update from verizon to it. It rebooted and then I got

*** LOCKED ***

*** Security Warning ***

MECHA XD SHIP S-ON

HBOOT - 1.050000

MICROP-/

RADIO-1.49.00.0406w_1

eMMC-boot
July 19 2011, 14:51:08

HBOOT USB

I have pressed all of the options but don't know how to get the phone going again, please help!

0 Likes
Re: *** Security Warning ***?!
Tezdoll
Enthusiast - Level 1

This morning it said "there is a new firmware update from Verizon". I pushed the OK button and now i am stuck right where you are.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

How full was your battery when this happened?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Tezdoll
Enthusiast - Level 1

mine was 96%

0 Likes
SoccerRef
Contributor - Level 3

Have you tried to reboot? or power off, remove battery, replace battery and turn on? Just some ideas.

0 Likes
Tezdoll
Enthusiast - Level 1

Sorry to hi-jack the thread, but yes i have done all of those. I have rebooted the phone, i have pulled the battery. Still hitting the bootloader screen.

0 Likes
bauger

i turned my TB on this morning and the update started within a couple of mins. downloaded fine no problem so far.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Do you have a way to connect the SDCard to your computer? My guess is the phone wasn't stock when your friend gave it to you and the OTA made it mad.  In that case, Verizon will most likely be of no help.   You should be able to get the signed 2.11.605.19 RUU from here which can be installed in HBOOT.  If that doesn't work, you'll likely have to go to one of the more developer friendly sites for help

0 Likes
Tezdoll
Enthusiast - Level 1

My phone was stock and never rooted. Bought it directly from Verizon.

0 Likes
Danny_Chesterman
Enthusiast - Level 2

I fixed this issue by opening my thunderbolt, revmoving the battery and sd card, reinserting the battery and rebooting (without the sd card) after it powered up and logged in fine, I shut it down and reinserted the sd card and it booted fine.