Droid Bionic will NOT sync with Yahoo
Kimie

I received my new Bionic in the mail today and starting setting it up this evening. I have had 2 other android phones in the past an thought this one would be easier to set up. I have tried everything possible to get the phone to sync with Yahoo and it says:

ERROR: Login to the account failed, please try again.

My user name or email address and password are correct. I have checked them both 500 time and it give the same message every time. PLEASE help it you know how to fix this problem. Otherwise I will be looking into a different phone. THANKS

Kim

0 Likes
Re: Droid Bionic will NOT sync with Yahoo
B33
Legend

Kimie with Phone on pull the Back Cover pull the Battery & then hold the power button in for 25 sec. Then re-install the Battery an power up the Device an see if it will accept the Account you put in in it. Try this & let me know the results. b33

Here some Instructions on setting up the Account:

DROID BIONIC - Yahoo Accounts

How can I use Yahoo on my phone?

You can set-up Yahoo accounts easily on your DROID BIONIC through the Verizon Wireless network. (Also works for other Yahoo email providers: ATT.net, Bellsouth, pacbell, sbcglobal, swbell)

Tip: Already have an existing Yahoo account using a previous Motorola DROID account and it's not working?  Click here for help.

To setup your Yahoo email:

1. Open Applications tray, Tap Accounts
  2. Select Add account
  3. Select Yahoo Mail icon  (will also add under "Email" icon with manual set-up)
  4. Enter your Yahoo email address (name@yahoo.com) and password.  (for ATT, Bellsouth accounts, enter your normal domain name "@att.net")
For general Manual set-up instructions, click here. Use these settings to manually set up your DROID BIONIC for any Yahoo server email accounts.
Email Program Settings Field:Enter:
Incoming (POP)pop.att.yahoo.com
Outgoing (SMTP)smtp.att.yahoo.com
(requires authentication)
Incoming mail server:POP3
Incoming/Outgoing User Name:Full Yahoo email address, including domain (e.g.,test@yahoo.com)
Incoming mail port #:995, Use secure connection checked
Outgoing mail port #465, Use secure connection checked
Note:
  • When updating the Use secure connection settings, check the Use secure connection box first and then update the port number if necessary.
  • If unable to connect, send, or receive on 3G/4G, try again via Wi-Fi connection
  • New Yahoo accounts created after August 2010 may not work properly on Wi-Fi. We have been informed that Yahoo has corrected this behavior on their servers as of 9/14 and this issue should no longer occur.

To export contacts from Yahoo to Gmail: Export Contacts from Yahoo
  1. Using a computer, from your Yahoo! Mail menu, select Options > Mail Options.
  2. Click the 'Contact or Address Book' category.
  3. Select "Import/Export" under 'Management'.
  4. Look for "Yahoo! CSV" under 'Export' and click Export Now.
  5. Click Save.
  6. Choose the location on your computer where you want to save the "Yahoo.csv" copy of your Yahoo! Mail address book.
Import Contacts into Google Gmail:
  1. Log on to Gmail on your computer, and then click Contacts at the left of the page
  2. Contacts list opens
  3. Click Import
  4. Click Browse, and then navigate to the .csv file that you created from Yahoo
  5. Select the file, and then click Import
  6. After your contacts are imported, a dialog box appears and displays the total number of contacts imported
Sync Yahoo Contacts CSV file to your phone through Google/Gmail:
  1. Click Here to learn how to sync your Gmail Contacts

Details 

Answers others found helpful

Previously viewed answers

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Kimie take a look at these Instructions as Well to Help ya with Syncing Yahoo Contacts and your Bionic

DROID BIONIC - Syncing Yahoo contacts and calendar accounts

I'm trying to sync my Yahoo contacts to my phone but it's not working, what can I do?

If you have setup your Yahoo account using the Yahoo client  Yahoo Client, and can't sync your contacts, this is currently not support with the email client found on your device.

While we do not endorse or guarantee these solutions, or provide support for them, some owners have reported success using a 3rd party Android Applications like "Yahoo Mail".  You can search the Android Market for this and many other 3rd party applications that are available that may enable you to sync your Yahoo calendar and contacts to your phone.

In the event you can not sync your Yahoo contacts to your device, you can export them Yahoo to Gmail:

Follow these steps to export contacts from Yahoo to Gmail:

Export Contacts from Yahoo

1. Using a computer, from your Yahoo! Mail menu, select Options > Mail Options.
  2. Click the 'Contact or Address Book' category.
  3. Select "Import/Export" under 'Management'.
  4. Look for "Yahoo! CSV" under 'Export' and click Export Now.
  5. Click Save.
  6. Choose the location on your computer where you want to save the "Yahoo.csv" copy of your Yahoo! Mail address book.
Import Contacts into Google Gmail:
  1. Log on to Gmail on your computer, and then click Contacts at the left of the page
  2. Contacts list opens
  3. Click Import
  4. Click Browse, and then navigate to the .csv file that you created from Yahoo
  5. Select the file, and then click Import
  6. After your contacts are imported, a dialog box appears and displays the total number of contacts imported
Sync Yahoo Contacts CSV file to your phone through Google/Gmail:
  1. Click Here to learn how to sync your Gmail Contacts

Details 

Answers others found helpful

0 Likes
ncoclub
Enthusiast - Level 3

When I called customer service with the same issue I was told that the Yahoo sync pre-installed DOES NOT WORK. I was told to download the Yahoo Mail AP from Google Play. I did then I was able to set up my account on my new Droid Bionic with no issues.

0 Likes
three_west
Enthusiast - Level 2

what the heck is going on, this used to work just fine.  I had to hard reset my phone and now it no longer works.

I was able to add yahoo mail manually as a standalone imap email account, but moto's add account isn't working.

0 Likes