HTC Rezound Problems
kristin08

I have had my htc rezound since the beginning of March.  The first one I had, within a week it wouldn't work.  It stopped having signal and I had to take it back to get a new one.  Now my second Rezound has started to shut off and then restart but as soon as it goes to the home screen, it shuts off again.  I took it to the verizon store and they set it back on factory settings.  They told me it was an app I had downloaded, but I hadn't downloaded any new ones for a week. So it couldn't be that.  This is not the first time.  I keep having to download the apps I already had again.  I am already fed up with the rezound and now I am in a two year contract with this phone.  Is there anyway to get a different phone?

0 Likes
Re: HTC Rezound Problems
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kristin08,
Good morning! I’m sorry to learn you are having these troubles with your device! The HTC Rezound is a great device and I don’t often come across many with issues like this. Is it the same applications each time that you have to re-download? Are these applications completely disappearing or are they just prompting for an update in the Google Play store? I ask because developers often update their applications, so you will see that happen frequently.Also, does the phone continue to shut off and on? I recommend running safe mode (http://bit.ly/vDpqOD) on the device for a few hours to see if these issues continue. Safe mode allows the phone to run without third party applications to determine root causes with the software on the phone. Please let me know the outcome of the safe mode test.
Thank you!
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
alps77

I am having the same problem. I called Verizon customer service yesterday and told me to reboot my phone and helped me with it. After doing everything, I still continue to have the problem. I am very disappointed with both the phone and Verizon. I have not been able to see my emails since last few months. The last time I could see my emails on the phone was 2 months ago. I don't know what to do. The customer service suggested me to send this phone and get a replacement certified phone. What is the guarantee that it wont have any problems.

0 Likes
apophis
Enthusiast - Level 2

its a network related issue, heres the fix...

STEP 1:  TAKE BATTERY COVER OFF.  this will prevent the phone from trying to connect to the network. 

*#*#4636#*#* Under phone info you will find that the network is factory set to WCDMA Preferred... I guess the SIM card decides sometime along the way that it doesn't like that much... Setting the network to CDMA EVDO/LTE - Auto completely corrects the problem

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The LTE OnOff application from the Play Store with do the same thing since it is a shortcut to that phone code.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

InvestorRic

Yes, nice app.  I set mine to LTE (W/voice) when in 4G area.

0 Likes
kayb211

I've been having the same problem with my rezound. It lost service so I left it go a day or two and finally took it to the verizon store and they screwed it up worse. Now it just continually resets. I really don't want a refurbished phone, especially after paying $200 for the piece of crap not even 3 months ago.

0 Likes
Dorkmaster
Contributor - Level 2

Apophis said:

its a network related issue, heres the fix...

STEP 1:  TAKE BATTERY COVER OFF.  this will prevent the phone from trying to connect to the network.

*#*#4636#*#* Under phone info you will find that the network is factory set to WCDMA Preferred... I guess the SIM card decides sometime along the way that it doesn't like that much... Setting the network to CDMA EVDO/LTE - Auto completely corrects the problem

This is should fix your problem if your phone is continuously rebooting, it is how i fixed mine when it was doing that.

0 Likes
PerseusCeo

I am having the same problem with my Rezound and this is the second phone Rezound with this problem.  Please advise!

0 Likes
BakerGeckos
Contributor - Level 3

This is PRE-ICS that code no-longer works with the ICS build....It was removed. You may need the app mentioned above as I hear that works still....

Mike

0 Likes