Re: Serious Droid X2 Issues
ELISANADINE
Enthusiast - Level 1

I feel your pain, bro. But seriously, I have the same issues and it has caused me big problems and inconveniences. I had the original Droid X and the only real issue was the connectors on the side woudn't hold tightly. They sent me the Droid X2 and it's been downhill from there. I don't know what to do. I don't have a day where this phone runs smoothly. I may have to give it up or exchange it again. I had the Iphone before and thought I'd make the switch to better service this January. The grass isn't always greener... Lesson learned. 

iloveloren

I had a Droid X and loved it. Upgraded and got the Droid X2. It was great at first but now it is horribly unreliable. It shuts off randomly, sometimes when I get a text or a call. It has done it a few times at night causing me to not get woke up by the alarm therefore being late for work. I now set my Droid X up to use as my alarm clock because I don't trust the X2. It freezes and the screen get jumpy. Grrrr I am fed up. However, my husband got his X2 the same time as I got mine...... NO Problems! I guess I got the lemon. I think I will be trying to get this one traded in.

0 Likes
drock2480
I also had a fascinate which i loved at first. After a couple days i hated it. Verizon switched me to the droid x2. Yes this solved the signal problem and i live next to a cow farm. I have had my new droid for about a week now and the only problem i have is the home button sticks and sometimes i need to press it hard to get back to my home screen. Sometimes it brings up the recent app menu. I just hope when i take it to verizon they can fix it instead of sending me a new phone.
0 Likes
RIPCharge
Enthusiast - Level 3

Being that your new to the DX2, I'll tell you some info since I've played with both the DX and now DX2. To exit an app it is better to press the back button all the way until your to the homescreen. It prevents from having an open/running app. As appose to pressing the home screen when your in an active app that will continuously run the app you were just it. Long pressing the home screen does show you a preview of the recent apps you fequently go to. But if the home button sticks and was defect from day one of getting it from Verizon, I would just call and they'll send you a "like-new-replacement" of the same device and hopefully that one wont have the sticking home button. Hope this shines some light...

0 Likes
REDCAT
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had my X2 since June no problems, until the new update in October my phone kept resetting itself at a daily basis > I called support they helped me with replacing it> I had the phone replaced 3 times > w/ 3 refurb phones each one of them over heats > so I called Verizon to have it replaced with a new X2 or one with greater value > they stated they could not and wanted to replace it with a lesser quality phone > PLEASE A PHONE THAT GETS TO 110 DEGREE IS UN ACCEPTABLE

REDCAT
Enthusiast - Level 2

I THINK I HAVE YOU OLD PHONE THE HEAT IS BAD ENOUGHT TO NO BE ABLE TO TOUCH THE OTTER CASE

Ofcrob2237 wrote:

I Love it.. I posted these issues several months ago about the heat issues and got clowned on this site. I also got laughed at in the Palm Harbor FL local store and averted a diatribe with the rep with his attitude. My phone showed a temp of 143 degrees. Got the pic too!! Nevertheless, someone from verizon called me up and was concerned enough to help me out and exchanged the phone. This phone is a epic failure.

0 Likes
thehiz
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Motorola Droid X2 has never worked the way I think it should have since the beginning of owning it.  After the first 20 days or so I called to tell them it works worse than my X1 they told me they could replace it with a refurbished one.  I laughed and they said that was their policy even though I just bought it and it was obviously not working the way it should.  I decided to just keep it and see if it got any better so I didn't have to get a refurb (which apparently I could get anytime within a year).  Well I finally threw in the towel after about 3 months and took VZW up on the refurb.  Well, the next one had more issues with the screens lagging, apps force closing, text slowness, data connection issues, dropped calls and I could go on.  Well, this past week and a half I've went through 3 phones.  I'm now on my 5th phone and the data connection on 3g and wi-fi periodically drop every 5-10 minutes.  It is ridiculous.  I'm at a loss for words.  I wish I would have never upgraded and  could just get my X1 back and my $100 for the phone and over $100 for all the accessories I bought.  I'm losing faith with my VZW relationship.  I've been with them for about 18 years.  I'm not happy at all.

0 Likes
oldengoalie
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have written a reply on another post concerning similar issues and feel that I must also write here.

First, thank you to all of you who have shared your problems with the X2 here, it has helped me

in understanding that I am not alone in my problems with this phone. I am adding my experience to this,

in hopes that it will help others in their dealings with VZW.

I too have had the overheating, constant restarts, disappearing photos/videos that I have taken, apps

that take forever to load, a battery that will drain in a two and a half hour period, and the biggest of my problems - freezing during phone calls - and especially during an emergency just last week ( I had to reset the phone, restart the phone, and call again!!!!).

VZW has said that these are the problems of Google.  They loaded a useless app on my phone to stop the battery drain,

told me that I could have a refurb, and refused to admit any problems with the X2 itself.  One rep even blamed me for

the overheating, saying that I left the phone on too long and that it needed a break.  To which I responded - I don't have a landline, what other choice do I have?

I will be taking my concerns back to VZW this weekend and will include the numerous posts that have already

been made.  Thank you again for what you have written.

0 Likes