Re: Bluetooth - Won't Connect to HTC Incredible 2
Luckycy02

I am also having the same difficulties with my Incredible 2 in my 2011 Chevy Equinox.  The Chevy dealer says that it is a problem with my phone.  I called Verizon technical support and they were not helpful.  All they offered was a refurbished incredible 2.....why would I want that when I just bought my incredible2, 2 months ago??  Has anyone else had problems connecting their phone to the bluetooth in their car?  Any solutions? 

Thanks!

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

I have gone to GM's website and checked the available devices that are bluetooth capable with your vehicle. The Droid Incredible is not listed as a compatible device. You can check this information at GM's website by clicking on the link below.

http://www.onstar.com/web/bluetooth/phones/?brand=Cadillac&mod=2010+Cadillac+SRX+With+Navigation&pro...

I hope this information is helpful and have a great day!

0 Likes
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

slave2droid,

I understand your concern regarding the Bluetooth technology working properly with your car's Bluetooth service!

I can support Bluetooth functionality with our Bluetooth headsets, however, for automobiles this would be supported by the car manufacturer.  I am including a link for your vehicles support site, and I'm confident they will be able to assist you.

"HandsFreeLink Support"

Hope this information is helpful and addresses your concern!

0 Likes
Takvz

I had the same issue with my 2011 Buick Lacrosse.  The phone would pair with the vehicle, but it would not connect.  Initially when I paired it with the vehicle, it connected and then dropped.  I know the car is fine, because my Blackberry worked fine!  I had just given up trying to use the phone with the car's hands free.  Then this past Sunday, 7-24-11, my phone received the software update.  After downloading the update I decided to try my connectivity with the car.  To my surprise it works!  I went through the bluetooth settings, made the phone discoverable, scanned for devices.  My vehicle recognized the phone and the phone noted it was paired but not connected.  But after the discoverable period (on the phone) of however many seconds was completed and the box became unchecked, the section under "Your Vehicle" on the phone said that the phone was now connected.  I leave the bluetooth setting on the phone on so that when I get into the car it automatically connects to the vehicle.  It's only been a few days, but it has worked every time I'm in the car!  Hopefully it will continue and it's not a fluke!

0 Likes
Speedy328
Enthusiast - Level 2

Takvz -- I don't think it's a fluke.  When I got my 2011 Lacrosse I had the same issue.  It wouldn't hold the B/T connection.  Switched to a Droid Charge (which went back to Samsung today) which had its own problems.  Went back to DINC2 today, updated to Gingerbread and latest VZW software update and B/T paired perfectly and has held the connection all day.  Seems like VZW and HTC fixed this issue at least.

0 Likes
jadzima

OK, so I have the incredible 2 and bluetooth connections are a problem period. I <never> had a bluetooth connection problem prior to this and I've been using bluetooth on my phones for at least 10 years. I recently bought a Honda with HandsFreeLink and when I linked it with my previous Samsung Windows Mobile device, never once did it drop. Since I've purchased the Droid Incredible 2, while I like the phone and features, the bluetooth issue may be a deal breaker for me, since I'm so dependent on using bluetooth while driving and working, the disconnects are driving me crazy. This is most definitely a phone/firmware issue, not the bluetooth listening device.

HTC needs to step up and own this and fix it and Verizon should help prod this fix.

Thanks

Jeff

0 Likes
NerdyMama3

My Droid Incredible 2 won't pair with our virtual keyboard (http://www.vkb-support.com/index.php). Any suggestions?

0 Likes
gibscecile

I also have the Incredible 2.  It used to connect just fine to my Lincoln MKZ.  Then I had problems with my phone and had to go back to original factory settings.  Now it won't stay connected for more than a couple of minutes, then it disconnects.  My husband's Droid2 connects just fine and stays connected.  This is a safety issue, not only for hands free but also for the 911 Assist that works through the cell phone.  Please let me know what the fix is.

0 Likes
sheepwolf38

I had to go to the local Verizon store and they had to do something online and do some type of disconnecting from my old phone before I could pair it with the new one I had just gotten. If you still have your old phone you can go into its bluetooth settings and disconnect it otherwise I believe only a Verizon rep can do it if you no longer have the phone.

0 Likes