person on the other end complains about beeping
jimmcqueen

when i call or receive a call the person on the other end of the line complains about keypress sounds. i can not hear them and the phone is in a otterbox holster that is permanently mounted to the dash. have tried safe mode, taking the otterbox off, speakerphone, even holding phone. nothing works and it is irritating having to repeat myself constantly.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: person on the other end complains about beeping
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is there no way for the person on the other end to be creating the sound on their side?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jimmcqueen
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello jimmcqueen,  Lets's make sure you are able to consistently speak on the phone!  How long has this been happening?  Does this happen on every call?  Using Safe Mode was a great way to rule out an application causing the problem.  Have you gone as far as completing a hard reset to clear any operating system corruptions.  You can also try clearing the cache of the "phone" application.  Menu>Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>All>Phone>Clear cache and/or data.  I look forward to hearing from you to find a resolution. 

Thank You,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
gramboda

I am so glad that someone else is having this problem! When talking to my girlfriend, I hear a intermittent beep. It sounds exactly like in the old days when a button on a touchtone phone would be accidentally pressed while on the line with someone else. I only hear the beep on my end. She does not hear it and explains that she is not moving or moving the phone when I say it happens. It is a single beep and they are intermittent. It will usually happen once or twice during a 15-20 min call. I have tried replicating the beep from my end by pressing the keypad while speaking. This has not replicated the problem. We both have iPhones. She has a 4s and I have a 4.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning gramboda!

I know the intermittent beep can be annoying. The noise can come from the other party texting or using the phone for other functions while talking on the phone with you. They won't know you can hear the beeps, but they can be multi-tasking.  I know this because its happened to me. Someone else hears beeps when I'm texting or using other functions on my phone while on a call.  They can try placing their keypad on mute, which may help from anyone hearing beeps while multi-tasking.

I hope this helps!

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZWSupport

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
gramboda

Thank you for the response. However, I can say 100% the issue is not due to multitasking. First, this only seems to be happening with my girlfriend who is using an iPhone which isnt capable of multitasking. Second, as this happens every time I speak to her, we have worked to troubleshoot the issue. I can assure you the beep has nothing to do with anything she is doing on her end. I would be happy to troubleshoot further if you have suggestions on what to try. Thanks!

0 Likes
dmbmobile

Were you ever able to get this issue resolved? I have an iPhone 4S and I've
had five different people tell me that they hear intermittent beeping while
we're on the phone. Some of these calls are to other Verizon phones and some
are to landline phones. The people at the Verizon store couldn't reproduce the problem
so they just ordered me a replacement phone. During the second call that I made
with my refurbished replacement phone the beeping started again so it wasn't
just my phone and it isn't an app that I had on my phone because the
replacement phone only had the apps that are factory installed on it.  It happens even if I put the phone on speaker and set it down so it can't be bumped and it's not due to incoming calls.  Any
insight would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
eni889

My iphone 4 has also been beeping while on a call. No incoming texts or emails.  The other person on the line usually starts to get pretty annoyed.  My friend and I that it happens with more frequent beeps also has an iPhone. We have both had it on speaker so no one was actually touching the phone at all and it still kept doing it. All settings have been checked and nothing out of the ordinary. Would just like it to stop.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there Dmbmobile!

Thank you for trying everything you have so far! I know I wouldn't be happy is someone was "beeping" in my ear while I was trying to talk to them.

I'm surprised that the replacement device didn't correct the issue. Do you only have one line on your account? Is anyone else in your area stating they're having similar issues?  We may need to file a ticket to our network engineers for your line of service.

Let me know!

Thanks,
MelissaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes