droid charge makes loud screeching noise during call.
Connor7373

okay so whenever im in a call my phone make this very loud and irritating screeching noise. can anyone tell me why?

0 Likes
Re: droid charge makes loud screeching noise during call.
rj57
Enthusiast - Level 2

This has been an ongoing issue with my wife's phone. Her's has been replaced once, and factory reset I don't know how many times. It does work without screeching for a week or so after a factory reset and its back to screeching again. My phone that I got off of ebay used to do it a lot too. After I done the unspeakable thing to it and froze the bloat, it quit screeching completely.

The only real difference between the 2 phones is that her bloat is active and mine isn't.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Connor7373, I can see how loud noises during your calls would be irritating! First, I would like to make sure you have the current software version. Please check for updates by going to Settings>About phone>Check for Updates. Here is info on the latest software version. This version corrects some issues with audio on the device. If you are still having issues with audio after verifying you have the current version, please soft reset by removing your battery for a few seconds. If no change, I would suggest completing a factory reset by resetting the phone to the default settings.

Let me know if you still need assistance!

MarquiaF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jsasbury

I have hard reset, factory reset, remove SIM, remove SD, run with no apps, and I still get the same loud screeching at random calls.  So loud I cannot hold to ear.  I'm working with VW now to solve. If I figure it out I'll post a reply.  My guess is it is not going to be solved without a replacement.  There are many posts going back for so long something should have been done by now.

0 Likes