Ringback tones
Tankerguy

Does the iPhone 4 support ring back tones, i know that when i was with AT&T, the iPhone did not support ring back tones

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Ringback tones
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

I think it does since it is a feature in "My Account" that is shown and can be added...the features that don't work for the iPhone don't show or say "Not available for this number" (or something along those lines).

0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

Tankerguy wrote:

Does the iPhone 4 support ring back tones, i know that when i was with AT&T, the iPhone did not support ring back tones

Yes, the iPhone supports Ringback Tones. For details about the Ringback Tones feature please visit the link below:

Ringback Tones Information

0 Likes
deborahgfan71
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have ringback tones on my iphone. 

0 Likes
dbbrass
Contributor - Level 3

Ok, I hate to sound ignorant, but what is 'ringback tones' and where is this function accessed, purchased or what not on my iPhone?  Is it an App?

I read the link below and it talks about this function as applicable to feature phones and such using methods of which aren't applicable to the iphone.  I also see no mention of them in 'my account' on my VZW, other than blocking them.  Are they a SMS thing?

just curious...

0 Likes
dbbrass
Contributor - Level 3

Ok... I did see them in Verizon's 'store'.  But I thought that these sorts of things had to go through Apple's store and then purchased via an App.  Apple doesn't allow third party markets to load things on their phones (well unless it's jailbroken).

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
A ringback tone isn't associated with the phone itself. It is a tone that callers hear when they call you instead of the standard ringing sounds. From what I understand, it functions at the network/server level. The link still applies. See general information #2, part #2 "Advanced Devices" and apply as required to to iPhone. They would be found in Verizon's Media Store.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
dbbrass
Contributor - Level 3

Ok... that makes sense.  They've nothing to do with the iPhone itself, the carrier has them 'piped' through so to speak.

0 Likes
shadoweyes

how did you get ringback tones for your iphone

0 Likes