droid x in Bootloader 30.04 mode
mrandmrsmiller

My droid x is in a mode that is a black screen with small white font the says in similar fashion:

Bootloader 30.04

Battery OK

OK to Program

Connect USB

Data Cable.

I turned my phone off to restart it and it came back like this. I may have accidentally chosen a different option when i meant to chose restart I am unsure. I am unfamiliar with the operation as well. Bottom line i plugged it into the usb cable attached to the computer and nothing changes, how do i restart it? Ive taken the battery out and it comes back the same way.

0 Likes
Re: droid x in Bootloader 30.04 mode
Wildman
Legend

Unplug cable from pc, pull battery and then put back in and start device...

0 Likes
mrandmrsmiller

I did that but the screen comes back the same as before.

0 Likes
TominqueBo_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello mrandmrsmiller,

I'm not sure if you have already rectified the problem, however I do want to suggest some restoration steps to assist if not.  If a simple battery pull is not assisting it sounds like we may have to completely reset the device with a factory reset.  This reset will erase everything on the device so hopefully you had your information backed up prior.  To successfully attempt the reset please follow the alternate method here.  After the reset the device will prompt you to reactivate the device with option 1.  Please let me know if this assist.  Thank you.  

0 Likes
onrylarry

Somebody should probably mention if your phone is dead and you plug it into the usb port you will get a black screen with Bootloader 30.04 in the corner and a note below that says battery to low and it will stay like this. You will need to plug it into a wall outlet to charge it enough to open.

0 Likes
Ciscokidtoledo
Enthusiast - Level 2

This just happened to my Droid X, and after alot of research I am shocked at what I discovered.  This has been going on since 2010 and Motorola still releases phones with this known issue.  Verizon allows the updates to be sent to the phones.  The user gets an update that crashes their device and forces them into a new purchase when nothing was wrong before the update arrived.  A few are able to factory re-set the device, most are not.  Can you say CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT.

SPDragonlady
Enthusiast - Level 2

No this did not work went back to the same screen again Smiley Sad

0 Likes
SPDragonlady
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think it is BS the best they said they could do it turn it on a insurance claim and Verizon said it wasn't them it was Motorola's problem...

0 Likes
B33
Legend

When you Hook it Up to A Motorola O.E.M charger = the box Charger can you get anything other than that boot sequence.. 

0 Likes
SPDragonlady
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, it actually changes from connect UBS to transfer something but I left it like that for about hour and nothing changed

0 Likes