Update killed my Droid X - Bootloader Error
Ciscokidtoledo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update was pushed to my phone by...????  Can't get a straight answer from Verizon or Motorola, but what I do know is the year old phone was in perfect working order before the update, now it is dead and I have to buy a new device.  From what I can tell, this has been happening since 2010 (see copy of another post below) to users.  That is the EXACT error I received on my Droid X last evening - over 2 years later.  Some are able to factory reset with help from the Verizon Store, most are not.  The question is how much liability does Motorola and/or Verizon have for pushing updates that are known to kill the device and force the user into a new purchase?  I have also heard there are rumblings of a class action lawsuit.

Bootloader 30.04 Err a5,70,00,00,23

elisa Citizen

Currently Being Moderated

Update just came up on phone I uploaded it. Now Droid X is not working

says

Bootloader

Err A5,70,00,00,23

Battery OK

Ok to Program

Connect USB

Data Cable

Please Help!!!

0 Likes
Re: Update killed my Droid X - Bootloader Error
MtPilotFunGirl

The same thing happened to my phone this morning. No luck with factory reset. I've already visited the Verizon store and bought a new phone, but now that I know that I'm not the only one and that this problem has been going on for a while, I'm rather upset about it.

0 Likes
huganrse

Happened to me today too. Phone is dead

0 Likes
herbertperform

My phone updated a few hours ago, it is now a dead paper weight. The screen says:

Bootloader

Err:A5,70,00,00,23

Battery OK

OK to Program

Connect USB

Data Cable

Looks like Verizon/Motorola killed our phones with a bad update. The million dollar question is what will they do about it?

0 Likes
darkness0369

Looks like this is their way to FORCE us to upgrade or in My case used My 50.00 credit to have the Samsung Stratosphere sent to Me. I find it VERY SHADY that a company based upgrade that you really have NO choice in taking or not to get more Money off us.

0 Likes
hurna089

Same thing happened to me today.  I went into the Verizon store and although they weren't able to fix it, they did order me a replacement phone and are over-nighting  the phone to my house.  They did this for free despite the fact that my phone was out of warranty.  According to the people at the Verizon store this was a Motorola issue and that Motorola is currently listing this issue as "under investigation". 

0 Likes
mellett16

Same thing happened to my Droid X today.  I seriously hope they fix this soon or tell us how to fix it... maybe it's finally time to go with iPhone.

0 Likes
huganrse

Thank you hurna089 for your post. I called Verizon and they are sending me out a replacement phone (yes, my warranty was also expired.)

I encourage everyone else to call Verizon and ask for replacement.

0 Likes
wnysteel

same exact error on my DroidX.  verizon wireless told me: "its a software issue.  phone is dead.  nothing we can do".  lovely.  only a year old and was working fine before this update.

0 Likes
don_twanna

Killed my Droid X  too.  coupled with the upcoming upgrade fee and "passing the buck" customer service,

a carrier switch is likely.  Husband's Droid X will now have to permanently postpone the "update" to avoid

bricking it.

0 Likes