Re: Your thoughts on the RAZR or RAZR MAXX? (Upgrade advice appreciated)
svz1979

Ok, I did that.Thanks

0 Likes
svz1979

Ok, I did that.Thanks

0 Likes
mushkers

I purchased an android razr several months ago. it is a very nice phone. HOWEVER. 33 days after purchase the unit fell out of my shirt pocket (very easy to do with the slippery design) and bounced off of my foot from a 2 foot height, and hit the floor. the GORILLA glass shattered. Motorola, though very hard to understand as the oversease person was reading from a piece of paper, demanded $150.00 to repair it.

I think that, no matter how nice the product, you have to take the company's lack of culpability into account and opt for another manufacturer. There are plenty of 4G and 3G phones on the market and they all do basically the same thing. I'd go for Samsung next time.

Good luck.

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

If I had any complaint, it is precisely that -- the phone is slippery. My DX had a sort of rubber-backing on it that felt very secure when putting into and taking out of my pocket ...   I'm considering getting some sort of a slimline case or something for it.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Hey Cody whats Ya Up Too!  i think i got a Case your Looking for   Maybe that is Just click the Blue an your Case dreams shall be fulfilled b33

9.  Re: Bluetooth Issue with Droid Razr Maxx
0 Likes
shellymc13
Enthusiast - Level 2

dont get the droid rarz....not sure why anyone isnt mentioning the known problems it has....if you use hotmail it wont work unless you download an extra hotmail app that takes up alot of the space on the phone.  the stock email on the phone doesnt work with hotmail.  it will send blank emails even though when you look at your sent box the email has text in it...people receive it blank...and the biggest problem of all is that you wont receive all your text messages and others wont receive all the ones you send them.  it is completely random when someone wont get a text and it is not related to others cell phone carriers.  if you look at the report of sent and received text it will look like they are all going through but they are not. some people may have not noticed that others arent receiving texts until you ask someone if they got it.  it is the most annoying problem and verizon and motorola have no solutions

boobdole
Contributor - Level 2

Shelly, thanks for the heads up.  Is it the same for the Razr Maxx and is there a thread that discusses these issues that I can take a look at?  Thanks for letting me know!

0 Likes
shellymc13
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes it is the same for the razr maxx. The thread is on Verizon community under Droid razr...titled not receiving text messages....there are many who have yet to realize they are not receiving all their texts and the razr is not sending them all because if you look under text message usage on line detailed report it shows them all being sent a received.

0 Likes
draythomp
Enthusiast - Level 3

Agreed, the screen on the RAZR MAXX is not ready for normal people to use.  Great phone, great capabilities, but the Gorilla glass fractures if ANYTHING happens to it.  People have had it bread in their pockets, setting it on a table, sliding off a coffee table onto the carpet etc.

Just do a google search for broken RAZR screen, the people can't all be lying about it.  They tell us that it is ready to be used with kevlar, gorilla glass metal frame, etc.  But a month or two after you get it a 3 year old will pick it up to see a picture and twist it a little and you'll have to get a new phone.

Avoid the RAZR MAXX like the plague until Motorola steps up and fixes it.

Oh, people say that this isn't a known problem.  Of course it isn't; the support organizations all attribute it to physical damage.  If they put a button on the phone that fell off when you used it, they would call that physical damage also.  The phone should be able to handle everyday use, not break when you set it down.

0 Likes
boobdole
Contributor - Level 2

Yeah, as soon as I posted that, I found it right away.  Not cool . . . but if I've learned anything from that thread it's to file a BBB complaint if they fail to provide services I pay for.  I'm at the edge of doing that for another issue but that's something COMPLETELY different. 

Thanks for the heads up!

0 Likes