Ringtones changing after reboot/turning off phone
thotbubl9
Enthusiast - Level 1

First of all, my apologies if this was discussed before - I scoured the discussions and didn't find anything similar.

I've noticed recently (within the last maybe 2 months?) that when I reboot or power on/off my phone, my ringtone gets changed.  When I go to change it back I can see that the tone it changed to is actually right by the tone I had before.  So yes, the ringtone is listed there.  I verified that the tone is NOT saved on my SD card, but is actually saved on the phone.  I don't have any extra apps that affect the ringtone.

Anyone have any thoughts as to what's going on?

Thank you so much!!

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Ringtones changing after reboot/turning off phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand how frustrating it can be to have to constantly change your ring tone when rebooting or turning off your cell phone.

To better assist you I need a little more information so I can research this issue further. What device do you have? How long have you had this issue? Does it happen every time you reboot or power cycle your device? Has there been any physical or liquid damage on the device?

You can also follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport and send a tweet and we'll be more than happy to troubleshoot with you. We're available Monday to Friday 7am to 10pm and Saturday & Sunday 7am to 4pm CDT.

I am confident that once we gather more information we can fully address your concerns.

VZW_CS
^JB

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Ringtones changing after reboot/turning off phone
thotbubl9
Enthusiast - Level 1

It's the HTC Incredible 2, I've had this issue for the last several months, it happens every time I reboot or power off/on my phone.  No, there's never been any damage at all to the phone.

0 Likes