My Droid Razo won't Sync with Backup Assistance any longer
DennisPings

I have a Droid Razo I got a couple of months ago.  The Verizon Employee helped set it up and set the backup assistance to sync between 12-midnight and 6A.  It use to work fine.  In the last week or so I get up in the morning and it says there was an error syncing. I checked to see if the backup assistance was still on and it is.  I tried Syncing several times manually and I keep getting the same error.  Do you think it has to do with my phone or Verizon?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: My Droid Razo won't Sync with Backup Assistance any longer
ericreinhardt
Contributor - Level 1

Im having the same problem with my Maxx also for a few weeks. I was actually going to stop in Verizon today or tomorrow to see what's going on. Hopefully someone has an answer...

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Give this a Try an See if this Helps: 

Go to: SETTINGS - APPLICATIONS - MANAGE APPLICATIONS - Select ALL - then scroll down til you find SYNC SERVICE - open it and CLEAR DATA.

After that you should be able to go to Backup Assistant and it'll say you've never synced before and you have 0 backed up and 0 pending. Press sync now, enter you correct pin and away you go. b33

0 Likes
DennisPings

I stopped at Verizon today.  They couldn't figure out what was going on with it.  They were on the phone with Tech Support for at least twenty minutes.  They think it is a problem on their end.  Hope they get it fixed soon.  I tried what you said and it still didn't work.  Thanks for the input. 

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Hey Dennis Can i ask something ? this is with your Contacts Right. Have you tried setting them up with Google the Reason i use Google Dennis is that i can go onto the Gmail Site Click on my Contacts an i have a Full List of them. I also have it were i got as in my Friends or Family or Vip's an if i want to Delete one or Update it with Birthday Info i can. Another Plus is that i can Print it on a Printer when i Get an that's not to Far away from Happening. But that why i like Using Google an i Factory Reset one of my Phones it Will restore all my Contacts an my Paid Apps as soon as I enter the my Account Back in the Device.. b33

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Dennis give this a Suggestion a Try: Instead of using B A try using Google as i Mentioned in my Post above this One..

Here are the Instruction For Doing this Procedure: These Instructions an Credit goes to Mr. Wildman with thanks B33

Check out my post at https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/663943 that covers this issue...

1. Log into Verizon Backup Assistant
2. Click on Export to CSV
3. Save File as (or Rename to) Contacts (it should already be converted to CSV so including .csv is redundant)
4. Log into Gmail/Google Voice
5. Click on Contacts
6. Click on Import
7. Browse for the Contacts (.csv) file
8. Click Import

9. Disable BA by going to Settings / Applications . Manage Applications / All Tab / Sync Service / Clear All

All contacts on youir device should sync to Google if they are not in the BA backup...   Now I do say should because no software is perfect

0 Likes
DennisPings

Cool.  I will give that a try.  We actually set it up yesterday, but they said you couldn't get to the info from Google.  I'm going to set it up like you suggested and give that a try.  Thanks for the help.  I will let you know if it worked for me.

0 Likes