i am an added line and i want off this contract
crystal182c
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi, a rep told me i can split from the contract after 6 months on it. is this true? and if it is can i add myself to somebody elses account right after? im currently on my mothers and my fiancee wants to put me on his. i just need to know if uts possible and if theres any other rule to that. thank you for your time!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: i am an added line and i want off this contract
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It could depend on how you purchased the phone and added the line in the first place. You can do what is known as an AOL (Assumption of Liability) and not have any additional fees. However if you purchased the phone through Amazon or somewhere similar, there might be an additional contract associated with that purchase. If so, you should review that purchase agreement before attempting the AOL.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

crystal182c
Enthusiast - Level 1

i purchased it at a verizon wireless authorized dealer (digitell) at my local mall. i have all the paperwork so ill be going through it soon. but your answer was very helpful. hopefully i can get this done right after i pay the bill for this month. thank you!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The account owner of the OP's account will also be involved to release the OP from the account as well.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
crystal182c
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am an authorized user on the account. Do i still need my mom present during the switch? i know for sure my fiancee will have to be there. Thank you! Sent from my Droid Charge on Verizon 4G LTE

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Most likely, yes, your mom would need to be there or she would have to give prior permission over the phone.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Here are the requirements for an AOL.

http://m-support.verizonwireless.com/clc/faqs/Account%20Management/faq_billing.html?grp=3&faq=2

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning crystal182c. I can certainly help with the account change that you are inquiring about! If you complete an assumption of service then the original account will not incur a termination fee. Once the number has been transferred to the new account then the upgrade and contract date will be migrated over as well, depending on the status. Let me know if I can assist with the process for you! ^AH

0 Likes