Droid Razr & Droid Razr Maxx Accessories the same?
sockette

Can someone tell me if the accessories for the Droid Razr are the same as the Droid Razr Maxx?  I'm upgrading to the Droid Razr Maxx and wonder if the Docking station, charging cords and car charging cords will work on it.  I'm thinking they will, but want to make sure.  I believe the plugs are all the same.  My concern is mostly the Docking Station.

By the way Ice Cream 4.0 should be coming out this year, but there is no set date for the Droid Razr or Maxx yet.  So, it may not be until 3rd or 4th Quarter until it comes out.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Razr & Droid Razr Maxx Accessories the same?
crazy8p12

the only differents is the battery

0 Likes
B33
Legend

True..There are a couple things in the Internals that are supposed to be Different or any way that's what i heard.

0 Likes
Calfunguy

NO.  The Mot Droid Razr and Razr Maxx will not use the same: Car Dock, or HDMI Dock.  You can "jury rig" them, but they are not designed to be interchangeable.  And by jury rig, I mean you can verify connectivity, but the car dock won't hold the phone secure, and the HDMI dock holds it only awkwardly.  The issue is the fit in the docking stations due to the increased thickness that comes with the larger battery. 

I know this, because I've tried to fit the Maxx into the standard Razr dock.

The good news?!?!   You have a awesome phone with great battery life.  The bad news??? you need to replace all your standard Razr docks.

J

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Are you Talking about the HD Station ?  If you are both Razr's will fit in it as i have a Maxx an the Station they maid Adapters for the Two too work with it..An if you want proof look at my Pictures i got on the Post with my Maxx setting in it.. b33 Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Calfunguy

The HD station and the desk dock are the same chassis, so yes.  The Razr and Maxx use different products.  Though on the HD station, it will work better than the car, dock (which won't work at all.) With the HD dock, you can slide it in "cockeyed" and it will work, just watch your connectors don't get stressed from the odd angle.

J

0 Likes
B33
Legend

On the Car Dock you have to Slide the Arm Back then set the Razr Or Maxx in the Holder..

Catch the Link to Watch the Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W61jINh65_k

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I did some digging on this subject after you brought it to my Attention!  An this is what i found the Car Dock that was Designed for the Razr is Only for the Razr an Not Maxx you can put the razr in it as a bare phone no Case or Take the insert out an put the Razr that's in a case in it!.

As for the Razr Maxx it has to have the Dock specifically Maid for it So it Will match up with the Dock Pins!! Using the one for the Regular Razr will cause a Miss alignment..

The One Hundred Dollar $100.00 Bundle that Verizon is Selling has the Car Dock for the Regular Razr Only!!  It however though has the Home Dock that will Work for Both Razr an Razr Maxx..

This is the Correct Container Box for the Car Dock.. for the Razr Maxx

Razr Maxx Box.jpg

0 Likes