Mobile Broadband and Wireless Router
M_Elliott
I have a Belkin Wireless G router which I use to download the guide for my TIVO.  It was working and now it doesn't (no internet light)with the Verizon Broadband.  I still have Hughesnet ( which I might  replace perm. with the Verizon) and when I connect to Hughesnet the router works fine.  I have disconnected and reconnected the power to the router with no change.  I have my Verizon connected to my desktop.  Because I can't leave the Verizon on all the time I must download the Tivo guide manually.  Something that Hughesnet has an advantage over Verizon Broadband.  I can be gone for a month and my guide is uploaded and my programs copied without having my computer on. I need simple instructions how to fix this problem.  Thanks
0 Likes
Re: Mobile Broadband and Wireless Router
LarryK
Get a CablePoint router and drop your card directly into it. No computer required. Requires a USB type modem.
0 Likes
evdotech
Contributor - Level 1

As Larry Recommended get a CradlePoint Router, you can use a USB or you can connect via WIFIasWAN

http://www.3gstore.com/cradlepoint

0 Likes
cdrcrkmo1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Totally agree.  I have a MiFi 2200 & Wilson Sleek booster and I just bought a Cradlepoint MBR95 which has the WiFi as WAN feature.  Easy as pie to set up and also a very good wireless & wired router.