Re: 4G Service - Still Out Across the Nation?
WyoWolf
Enthusiast - Level 1

HAHA...all you whine about not having 4G. Well try living in Wyoming and the entire state doesn't have 4G yet. We have 4G capable phones, but they predict that we will not have the actual service for about another year.

support9

Still incurring outages from 4G going to 3G and not even getting a 1X indication in Virginia Beach, VA. What gives? Thought Feb.12 update was supposed to correct this issue. Southern end of city only gets 3G. How can you say a city is 4G when some can only receive a 3G?

0 Likes
djblanco
Enthusiast - Level 1

i havent seen 4g in the NYC metro area since i bought the phone customer service is no help 3rd phone if they want to keep replacing it fine but its their shitty service and false claims of having a 4g network even when you walk into a verizon store non of the phones are in 4g

0 Likes
TAsbill7

What's up with the network? No 4g lte or even 3 g for 2 days??

0 Likes
dmocken0293

Haven't had 4g since April 4 in Port Clinton Ohio. We've had 4G since September but not now.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Have you check your area on the map at http://network4g.verizonwireless.com/#!/coverage

0 Likes
dmocken0293

What would checking the coverage map do for an outage?  I already said we have had 4G since September 2011.  By the way the coverage map has shown that we have been 4G since November

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

if there's an actual outage then there's nothing you can do.....but if there isn't, then the problem is with your device. i think that is what wildman is getting at.

0 Likes
dmocken0293

Device working OK.  I get 4G when I drive to other areas with 4G.  I've also checked the software and it is up to date.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

dmocken0293 wrote:

What would checking the coverage map do for an outage?  I already said we have had 4G since September 2011.  By the way the coverage map has shown that we have been 4G since November

It could be possible that you was going through what I noticed, even without official notice I had 4G in some areas months before it was official and the connection would vanish from time to time because it wasn't officially released and I was wondering if there was a official update that the area has been switched on....

Also as for the outage situation, like AZSALUKI said there isn't anything you can do other than report it to Verizon.

0 Likes