8 Replies Latest reply: Apr 11, 2012 12:52 PM by Verizon Wireless Customer Support RSS

Thinking about Moves with my Plan and Future, Help Appreciated

punisher85

OK so this was the deal with my plan currently, is that right now im looking to save money on my phone bill every month and im being given the big run around with my Talk/Text/Data Promotion where i keep being told my data discount of 9.99 would come off and so far this month too it did not come off. The woman in Promotions department apparently fixed my account which not sure if she did and the problem with the whole thing is that different reps keep telling me i can only get my employee discount on my voice or the data discount which of course is wrong because the promo woman over the phone told me i can receive both and the loyalty reps over the phone keep giving me different stories and im tired of it. This was the reason i extended my contract for a bit to get this discount and its getting very frustrated about it!!

The other thing was i was thinking about switching carriers when my contract is up because my bill has been pretty high the past couple of months and it makes no sense to early terminate my 2nd line because my ex gf upgraded to a smartphone and jacked up the fee. My mom hardly uses the 2nd line and i would like to cancel it but because its too high it makes no point to do that since both our contracts are up in a year. I was thinking about going to a basic phone to cut my data plan prices because the only cheapest verizon has is the 30 dollar plan. I don't use my data plan too much but i heard if i go to a basic phone and within 14 days i go back to a smartphone i can get my unlimited data back. So idk if this is true or not. But its gotten to the point that these smartphone plans and contracts are a bit much now. So if there is a Verizon rep that can chime in and see what can be done or discuss with me about options, that would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise i just had to vent about the issue with my current bill at this moment. So just was saying.

• 1. Re: Thinking about Moves with my Plan and Future, Help Appreciated
          SuzyQ

Is your ex-gf still on the account?  Have her do an AOL and take over the line instead of you paying for it; that would lower your bill.

You can go to a basic phone and cut the data fee; and yes, I believe it is 14 days you have to add the data plan back on and still keep the unlimited, if that is what you have now.  But I would see about having the ex take over her line first, unless you have a really good relationship and you know she is going to be keeping up with her portion of the bill.

• 2. Re: Thinking about Moves with my Plan and Future, Help Appreciated
            AZSALUKI

i got the impression that his ex added a data plan to the second line, but that now that line is being used by his mom???? if this is the case, then get your mom a basic phone and drop the data on the second line.

• 3. Re: Thinking about Moves with my Plan and Future, Help Appreciated
              punisher85

To answer SuzyQ, my ex gf is off my account because of problems with her being on it (being late all the time, messing up my credit) and she wasn't choosing to fix her problems by doing and AOL because of her credit which Verizon wanted 400 and she didn't want to do it. Long story short, she lied to me about her AOL deposit amount just to stay on my account for a few more years (hence the early upgrade). So thats why shes no longer with my account.

To answer AZS, your right my mom HAS a basic phone now and does not have data. My problem is that i have data on my plan which im trying to cut back on the cost of the plan and so far, i really wish Verizon would let me have that Talk/Text/Data promotion where it was 9.99 for the unlimited data and it would really help my bill alot. Of course i had a hard time getting it and one of the reps who i dealt with about getting it was very rude with me and she didn't care about satisfying the problem or the plan with me.

But both lines have less than a year left so when the time comes, its time to move to something cheaper and better for me no contract wise. Unless anyone has something else to throw in their opinion of.

• 4. Re: Thinking about Moves with my Plan and Future, Help Appreciated
                SuzyQ

OK - Azsaluki read it better than I did    As far as your line, I'm not sure what promo you mean by talk/text/data for $9.99.  How long a go was the promo?  And have you changed your phone or plan since then?

Two lines, minimum 700 shared minutes, no data, no texting will run you $70 and taxes a month. You can pay for texts by the message, or add $10 per line for 1000 texts a month.  If your Mom doesn't text and you can stay in the limit, then that's $20 less than paying $30 for unlimited texting on both lines.  A data plan is $30. So you can pay $70 up to $130, and have basic phone service, or unlimited data (on one line, assuming you have it now) and texting for $130.

• 5. Re: Thinking about Moves with my Plan and Future, Help Appreciated
                  AZSALUKI

believe they ran a $9.99 data deal near the holidays about a year and a half ago. i recall my sister getting a smart phone for my nephew, but only because they got data for $9.99. i can't imagine it was for unlimited though? i just remeber there was NO way he was getting an android until they got that deal....lol

• 6. Re: Thinking about Moves with my Plan and Future, Help Appreciated
                    B33

I like my plan right were it's At:  Good ol Alltel Smart Choice Pack 500    b33

• 7. Re: Thinking about Moves with my Plan and Future, Help Appreciated
                      Verizon Wireless Customer Support

Good Afternoon punisher85 We are happy to review your rate plan options to ensure you are on the most cost effective plan. We certainly wouldn't want to lose you as a valued customer! If you follow and DM us with your number to my attention, we can review your account right away! ^JHK

• 8. Re: Thinking about Moves with my Plan and Future, Help Appreciated
                        grmask

HI...I don't mind paying the little higher monthly payments for VZ because I think their service and customer service is the best. that said.....I just got a new phone and I got a basic phone....prepaid....the phone is GREAT....it's a LG Extrovert. Does everything. However, I did not go with a contract this time, I got this phone off the shelf for $99.99 and on a prepaid monthly plan for $50.00 a month and I get....UNLIMITED TXT...UNLIMITED CALLS....AND UNLIMITED WEB! you can't beat it!

hope this helps.....Susan