Re: 8107 is coming when?
primortal
Master - Level 1
0 Likes
ntropy99
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you Verizon!  Great to see that you are not leaving the WP7's behind.  Were you planning this all along and now it is ready for release, or was it the feedback from reading the forums?  Curious to find out so that we know how to help you come to the right conclusion in the future.  This really is a great phone and OS.  Look at the satisfaction ratings for it if you are still not sure about carrying on with more WP7/WP8 phones.  I know you still feel jilted by the Kin, but this can be a new relationship.

0 Likes
danvega
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's about time, a little too late for me since I'm jumping ship very soon, but good news for the rest of you that have to stay on Verizon. I bet I'll get the update like a day or two before I get my new Lumia.

0 Likes
AtomicInternet
Contributor - Level 1

Unfortunately the android trolls are right on the money here, nobody with decision making power pays attention to these forums.  The 8107 update (which this appears to be) is already on the other carriers.  I think Verizon finally had a spare android tester available to approve this for us.  I'm sure he's already safely back on android updates now.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

this is true. the only thing the decision makers look at are sales figures. if they see the lumina sell anywhere near the type of numbers as a higher end android device, then they'll be interested.

0 Likes
AtomicInternet
Contributor - Level 1

It's currently the top phone on "Best Sellers" and "Hot New Releases" on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/new-releases/wireless/2407747011/

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Cell-Phones-Accessories-Service-Plans/zgbs/wireless/2407747011/

Amazingly, the Trophy has the top rated satisfaction slot, followed by two other Windows Phones:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/top-rated/wireless/2407747011/

Clearly, Windows Phone is doomed.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

it should be. it's the newest device. i guarantee if it continues to sell like it is, over the long term (which is probably a few weeks for cell phones...lol), then other carriers will take notice. but first week sales aren't much of an indicator when i don't believe there is anything else new out there? (i could be wrong)

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

well here's everyone's opportunity. the lumina is only $100 and now they are giving you a $100 credit (thanks to nokia) so it's free. if you're serious about switching to get it, then i'd say right now is the best time. FREE brand new smartphones don't happen these days. they are basically leaving you some dough to pay your early termination fee. apparently it is an act of good faith by nokia for shipping out so many that had software/connectivity issues. if that's really the case, then bravo nokia. you know that even if/when other carriers get something comparable, it will likely be $150-$200. so you can wait and pay a couple hundred, or pay a couple hundred to break contract now and go get it for free.

0 Likes
danvega
Enthusiast - Level 3

Even better if you get it from Amazon Wireless, they are $49.99 there which essentially means you are being paid $50 to get a Lumia.

0 Likes
danvega
Enthusiast - Level 3

I got an update notification but as of right now 7.10.7740.16 is currently installing, not 8107

0 Likes