Your thoughts on the RAZR or RAZR MAXX? (Upgrade advice appreciated)
boobdole
Contributor - Level 2

Hello everyone,

I currently have a droid charge ("upgraded" from a Blackberry tour) and I'm looking into a new phone.  I know every forum has their group of users that hate their phone, have serious complaints with them, known issues with the phone, etc but I was hoping to get some feedback on how your experiences with the RAZR or the MAXX have been, advantages/disadvantages, would you recommend it, alternate phone suggestions, etc. 

Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Your thoughts on the RAZR or RAZR MAXX? (Upgrade advice appreciated)
B33
Legend

I feel the exact same way Jim does the phone has far exceeded my expectations an what you can do with it there isn't to many phones in it's class it does not have I.C.S yet but it's coming. An there isn't in my mind any phone that can stream over 20 hours of Music on a single battery Charge an not have to be hooked up to the charger. Pictures Take really good an the flash kicks in really good in Night pictures An my HD Station that i have an use with it is a Marvel in itself I got pictures on it check out my Profile to see them an have a look at my other Post to read on the great Capabilities of this Device..b33

ISUperson
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had two HTC phones before RAZR MAXX. I like the HTC interface but with that interface you lose battery life. <Content deleted per the Terms of Service.> I got the RAZR MAXX because my last phone was a Thunderbolt and I couldn't last half a heavy use day its battery life is horrible. I was a bit worried about the MAXX because it was Motorola and they did some update behind the scenes with the first droid and broke corporate email and messed with other setting. But the MAXX pretty close to stock android, and with Google buying Motorola Mobile. There phone should get better and be more toward stock android. I have coworkers with the Samsung phones and I don't like a majority of their interface. LG don't buy. Pantech don't buy. I would recommend the RAZR MAXX over the plain RAZR. It isn't that much thicker and it last forever with the right apps. The key is the apps for android phones and their battery life. The RAZR screen is very good quality And the non-removal battery really can be removed without too much work(This will void warranty and I bring it just so you know it can be done). Issues I have had with the phone that I hope get fixed with next os update. 4G drop off at 2 bars of signal. Remedied somewhat with a app for connection problems. Next is the phone have a little antenna problem when your hand is over the camera side(4G antenna side). Overall I love the phone but will get a iphone 4g when it comes out. Because apple, it just works. Android works about 95% of the time. I hate a lot of apple stuff. But I can't argue that they just work 99% of the time.

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

boobdole
Contributor - Level 2

Heh, when you go to buy an iphone 4g, want to sell your RAZR MAXX?  😄

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Coming from an LG Dare, to a Droid X, now the Razr Maxx -- LOVE LOVE LOVE it ...  It is so fast compared to my DX ... and the 4G network - just WOW !  It has been very very stable - no crashes at all for nearly 3 weeks now.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

3 Weeks!   you've had that long Cody Wow these Weeks are going by Fast! My Gosh i have had mine for about 9 Weeks Now.  But the Maxx is So Goobly Good b33

0 Likes
boobdole
Contributor - Level 2

Thanks for the replies, everyone.  Sounds like this is going to be my next phone (if I can manage to leverage it with Verizon).  The other one I was looking at was the Nexus but I haven't heard many positive things about it, to be honest with you. 

Thanks again!

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Stick with the Maxx you'll better off with it.. Especially in the Batt Dept. b33

0 Likes
svz1979

I love my Razr, BUT this is my first Android phone, so dont have much to compare it too. Ditched AT&T and Blackberry for Verizon and Android and dont regret it for one second. Our roommates got the Razr the day it came out as their first ever smartphones, and they had no problems using it so we made the leap. LOVE this phone, other than the sucky battery life, kinda wish we would have went with the Razr Max,but other than that its a great phone and I am now an Android customer for life.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Svz1979  take your Mouse an put it on my Screen Name while on it. Slide you Mouse Down to Check Follow an then i can Send a Direct Message to Ya  I will Tell something neat on the Razr you can Do with it..

Also Look up at the Arrow with the Check in it to see my Notification: b33

0 Likes