Gmail not 'pushing' to Messaging app..
Eskimo1
Enthusiast - Level 2

On my new Maxx, if I go into messaging and view either of the 2 gmail accounts I have and hit refresh, it will refresh and load new e-mail.  However, new e-mail will not automatically get delivered as it did with my 'old' RAZR.  The gmail app, however, gets updated, but I like using the built in "messaging" app.  The POP3 account in the messaging app works just fine.

in Accounts, gmail is setup correctly, password is good, and the box for "update the services to display and sync" is checked.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Gmail not 'pushing' to Messaging app..
Eskimo1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Found the answer.  Had to delete the gmail accounts in the messaging app and re-add them as regular email accounts and everything magically started working.  Verizon tech support rep I talked to this morning told me I couldn't use the Messaging app, and that the Maxx is somehow different than my RAZR was..  too bad.

0 Likes
Re: Gmail not 'pushing' to Messaging app..
B33
Legend

You can use the Messaging box or Tap the Widget an in there you can set up Accounts for Yahoo,  AOL,  M.S.N, an Others.  An Gmail has it's own separate Widget an Area.. b33

0 Likes
Eskimo1
Enthusiast - Level 2

The built-in gmail widget inside the Messaging box did not work though.  It would never get automatically updated, and thus, the reason for my post.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Eskimo!   You lost me a bit on my Razr Maxx an on my Droid X that i 've had for two years there is are two separate Messaging entities The one that says Messaging Witch holds the The Universal Inbox , Text Messaging , an For Mine Yahoo.  An the GMail App an Widget is of it's Own or should be on your Maxx. If you need Screen shots i will send them If Wildman Sees this he will put it on to show this as well.. b33

0 Likes