!yahoo mail not working on droid 2 global!
novak31

I tried deleting the account on my droid and then reinstalling it and it won't reinstall. I get the message "Login to the account failed, please try again." I went into yahoo on a laptop changed my password and tried again, still not working... I'm working on wi-fi because I don't get good reception in my home.

HELP!

(:

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: !yahoo mail not working on droid 2 global!
novak31

Ok, I finally got it to install but now I get the "Yahoo Account error" message. "The following has prevented a successful connection: Unable to connect to yahoo.com."

Does that just sometimes happen or is it my reception problem?

0 Likes
KevinB66

Had the same issue on my DroidX2.  I am no longer able to use the universal inbox.  I was only able to setup yahoo mail again by using the yahoo mail mobile application.  The yahoo account creator that is loaded on the phone no longer works for me. I lost my yahoo account about 2 weeks ago.  Wondering if there was a change to Yahoo's servers.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi KevinB66,

I understand your concerns regarding your universal inbox. If the universal box worked fine before this issue may be caused by a third party application conflict. Run in Safe Mode http://goo.gl/PFV1K and setup your Yahoo email again. If it works fine you will need to identify the conflicting 3rd party application and remove from your phone.

AntonioC_VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
Streak118

this is happening to my droid x2 as well. weird thing is, I have 2 different yahoo accounts set up through my universal inbox, and only one of them isn't connecting. I deleted it, tried to readd it, and it won't readd saying the same as everyone "Login to the account failed, please try again."  repeatedly.  but my other yahoo e-mail account on there works fine.

0 Likes
KevinB66

I attempted to load the yahoo mail app that came with the phone after I recieved my replacement phone and before I installed any other apps.  I believe that yahoo has changed the app and

the one that is included with the phone for universal inbox is no longer supported by yahoo.  The new yahoo app includes banner ads and does not work with the universal inbox.  Any thoughts?

0 Likes
ShiftyTwitch
Enthusiast - Level 1

I don't have a droid 2 global (I have a bionic) but I was suffering from the same problems after I received a replacement.  Luckily after suffering for a month (i resorted to using the Yahoo mail app for a while, but I couldnt stand it), I finally fixed mine and I thought I'd share in case it might help you guys.

1. I went to "My Accounts", clicked on the "Email" option,

2. Entered in my Yahoo information, unclicked the check that says "automatically configure account"

3. Under Incoming server, select "IMAP mail server" from the drop down menu, and in the server name, put "imap.mail.yahoo.com"

4. Under Outgoing server, put "stmp.mail.yahoo.com"

5. Click OK, and hopefully all of your emails will suddenly work like mine (No more of the "Login to the account failed, please try again")

This link below helped me out (click the imap tab):

http://mobile.yahoo.com/mail/android

Good luck!  Smiley Happy

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the tip ShiftyTwitch! One thing I just want to clarify is that the outgoing server is smtp.mail.yahoo.com. I think you just had a typo.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
MichaelZ

Terrific fix, thank you. Any idea how to get the Yahoo folders to sync as well? They seem to have been left out of this sync process. Under Email Options->Email Delivery->Folder Sync the custom folders I've created aren't there, rather only Sent and Trash exist.

0 Likes
CathyI
Enthusiast - Level 1

This worked perfectly.  Thank you!!

0 Likes