Can't send e-mail messages from my iphone
gsheppard

I just got my iphone about 3 weeks ago.  My e-mail was working fine for sending and receiving --- for about 2 days.  I can still receive e-mails; I just can't send them.  I keep getting a pop-up message that says "Cannot send mail.  A copy has been placed in your outbox.  The recipient "---@e-mail address' was rejected by the server.  I have tried turning my phone completely off and on, updating with *228 and even adding another e-mail account.  The new account has the exact same problem.  Any ideas on what I can do? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't send e-mail messages from my iphone
Not applicable

@gsheppard I can understand how it can be frustrating not to send out email.  The error message that you are receiving indicates that the out going server settings are incorrect.  The in coming server setting are correct that is why you can receive and out going server settings are wrong which is why you can not send out.  The best way to get this resolved would be to contact your email provider and get the correct outgoing server settings.  Hope this helps.  Thanks.

View solution in original post

Not applicable

@gsheppard I can understand how it can be frustrating not to send out email.  The error message that you are receiving indicates that the out going server settings are incorrect.  The in coming server setting are correct that is why you can receive and out going server settings are wrong which is why you can not send out.  The best way to get this resolved would be to contact your email provider and get the correct outgoing server settings.  Hope this helps.  Thanks.

rpatexcel

I am having the same problem, but it only occurs when I am away from the office.  When in office, everything is fine, but when away, I get the same message.  When returning to office, iphone hits office wifi and those copies in outbox are sent.  This leads me to believe the outgoing setting is correct, but only for when I'm on the office wifi.  Any suggestions as to how to fix this issue??  Thanks.

0 Likes
SeriouslyLainey
Contributor - Level 1

This sounds like a connectivity issue, and can be solved with a change in your settings:

-Settings

-General

-Network

-Cellular Data - Be sure it's turned "On". 

If this setting is in the "Off" position, then data is restricted to Wi-Fi ONLY...so outgoing data will be sent only when you're connected to Wi-Fi.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello rpatexcel! Thanks to the community for your input. Especially to SeriouslyLainey who provided great information about checking your wireless connection. I'm confident that this should resolve the issue you are having.

ChaunceyM_VZWSupport

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
SeriouslyLainey
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks, I hope it was helpful info.  I'm currently in the process of converting 100+ BB's to iPhones at my work - so I'm also handling many user issues right now.  I also use the community to see the common issues, then work to resolve them so I'm better prepared should I see it in my workplace.

0 Likes
SeriouslyLainey
Contributor - Level 1

Chauncey - How about you mark my answer "Correct" - since SammuelP's response actually isn't... Smiley Happy

0 Likes
lindabmom3

My outgoing email settings is correct according to TDS web site.  They use gmail as their outgoing server but I still can't send email from my phone on the ONE account.  Everything else works fine.  Help

0 Likes
SeriouslyLainey
Contributor - Level 1

@ lindabmom3:  If you've checked your settings (as in my previous reply) to ensure that you can send email via cellular data, my next suggestion would be to delete the email account that's having an issue, then reinstall.  I believe that gmail has a standard set up, which should allow you to simply enter your user name and password for installation.

0 Likes