Re: ce Cream Sandwich Coming to Many Verizon HTC Smartphones!
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Us users will know when the ICS update is pushing to the Thunderbolt when the notification of the update shows up on our phones.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Re: ce Cream Sandwich Coming to Many Verizon HTC Smartphones‏!
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Thunderbolt is no longer for sale on the Verizon Wireless website.  End of Life reached.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Yup good ol T Bot is gone But there will be a replacement not to far away.. to jump an shout about

0 Likes
jdstirewalt

When will Thunderbolt get the Ice Cream Sandwich update. The wait and lack of information is incredibly frustrating.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

it will be a while. i wouldn't hold your breath or you'll just get even more frustrated and annoyed. as it gets closer you will see "leaked" dates on the web.....but the fact is that nobody will really know until it's ACTUALLY available to download on your device. first HTC has to finish it for the tbolt and then verizon has to test it for a while. it tends to take much longer than people think it should. also, nobody knows in what order, exactly, that they will push this to the various devices that will get it.

jdstirewalt

Thanks for the reply. Love Verizon but the great experiment with android and its clunky platform, unwanted apps and ICE teasers is over.  I'll move to another platform.  Perhaps back to the iPhone.

0 Likes
engbulldog

Sorry to hear you are considering going back to iphone. I would say for the time being going back to iphone would be a poor choice. Apple products are known for being data hungry, one reason is due to there high resolution screens and with only being a 3G device you might get more angry. If you wait it out a little longer you will get your Ice Cream Sandwich, you may also find out that ICS is an intense operating system that I feel only the Rezound and Nexus have enough power to handle smoothly. When the new iphone comes and is LTE I would then say Android and IOS are great on 4G and the big decision will be how big of a screen are you looking for.

0 Likes
jdstirewalt

Wrong advice. I once owned one so I know android is inferior. You also

failed at addressing my question.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

the answer to your question is nobody knows. have you ever seen a update announced more than a week or so before they actually push the update? "inferior" is subjective. an iphone may run smoother, but i prefer an LTE device, larger screen, and widgets. iphones are nice....just not my cup of tea.

Anglhrt

I heard on some of the HTC forums that it should be around the end of August 2012 but it's now the 26th and still no word yet.  Sure would love to have it!

0 Likes