Upload pics from my thunderbolt to macbook pro
junior40

Hey Guys,

I was wondering if anyone here nows how to get pictures from the thunderbolt onto a macbook pro.  When I hook up my phone to my macbook it says it can't  read it.  Im new to mac as well.  If anyone could give me a detailed response on how to do this, it would be great.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Upload pics from my thunderbolt to macbook pro
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I am sure that there is another way, but this might be the easiest for you.

Turn off the Thunderbolt. Take off the back cover, remove the battery and the SD card. The SD card is to the right of the camera lens. With either a micro SD card reader or SD card adapter and related SD card reader, mount the reader to the Mac computer as an external drive. Copy the pictures from the DCIM folder on the SD card to wherever you want them on the computer. When done properly disconnect the SD card from the computer. Reassemble the phone (SD card, battery and back cover) and turn it back on.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

when you connected the tbolt to your mac, did you set it (the phone) to "disk drivs"?? you have to tell the phone to become a drive or it will just want to charge and the mac or pc won't be able to read it.

0 Likes
junior40

I did what you said and it works great! Thanks so much but i was wondering if i could do it without taking the phone apart.

0 Likes
junior40

i have tried this before but for some reason it doesn't work.  i don't know if I'm doing something wrong?

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

If all fails you can setup a Drop box and then setup on Mac and then any shots on your phone and auto upload when you are on wifi or 3g (4g)

0 Likes