Anyone not able to end calls on their Razr?
nannyski

Has anyone had a razr that won't end calls when you push end?  I am on my sencond phone and it is starting to do this same thing.  Anyone have a suggestion?  I have done a reboot. When that works it only lasts about a week.  Other than not being able to hang up my phone to end calls with telemarketers or other people I like my phone.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Anyone not able to end calls on their Razr?
DaisyP_VZW
Verizon Employee

Welcome to our community forums, nannyski!

Have you noticed the touch screen only being unresponsive when ending a call? Or is this happening when performing other actions on your device? If you haven’t already, power cycle your device and retest. If you’re still experiencing this difficulty I recommend a hard reset. Performing a hard reset will remove all data including the Google account, system update, application data, application settings and downloaded applications. Please back up your information prior to the hard reset.

DaisyP_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
jmirkle

I had the same problem.  The touch screen was only unresponsive when making a call.  Powering off and on as you suggested fixed the problem, at least for now.  I hope there's a fix in the works so it doesn't keep happening.

Thanks for the information.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I haven't Seen this issue on my Razr Maxx as of yet but if it O cures i will Post it. Let Us know on the Post if you do the F.R. it helps to Eliminate the Issue on your Maxx. B33

0 Likes
Bill49

Yes I have the same problem. The person on the other end must hang up before it will disconnect. I changed the settings to disconnect a call with the power button and that has worked every time.

0 Likes
jmirkle

Where do I find the setting to disconnect the call with the power button?  If the screen is off, will the power button disconnect the call or turn the screen back on? 

0 Likes
Bill49

Go into your settings menu. Scroll down to "accessibility" and tap. Click on "Power button ends call".

0 Likes
jmirkle

Thanks.  I've done this, but the disconnect problem has not recurred since the power reset. Maybe the problem has been resolved -- hope hope.

0 Likes
RonnieG

I have the same problem with the Driod Bionic I got about a month ago.  When I touch the red END CALL icon the phone vibrates for a second making me think the command was recieved but the call is not disconnected, and will not disconnect until the person on the other end hangs up.  I did power off the phone and restart it but it did not correct the problem.

I'm new to Andoid so I don't know how to do a "Hard Reset" or how to back up my contacts and apps yet.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

0 Likes