Droid Razr Maxx and backup assistant
DroidMaxxSux

I have tried several times to get my Backup assistant working with my new droid Maxx.

I went through and setup everything and was up to upload pictures last night, but stopped for the night before I actually uploaded them to my phone. I logged on this morning and tried to continue where I left off last night only to find out that nothing was saved and this website acts as if I never set up backup assistant.

I called 611 (verizon help) and they couldn't do anything for me unless I could call them on a line other than my cell phone, I couldn't now I am at a loss and extremely disappointed with this piece of sh*t phone.

Any help would be appreciated as Verizon can't seem to assist me.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Droid Razr Maxx and backup assistant
razrhappy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same issue, called tech support and they couldn't resolve. But, I figured it out why I cannot backup to backup assistant. It is because I'm using the backup service in my Gmail. It evidently won't back up to both. But if you have it backing up in Gmail, check that and see if it's all up to date. Hopefully you will find that it is indeed backing up there.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
razrhappy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same issue, called tech support and they couldn't resolve. But, I figured it out why I cannot backup to backup assistant. It is because I'm using the backup service in my Gmail. It evidently won't back up to both. But if you have it backing up in Gmail, check that and see if it's all up to date. Hopefully you will find that it is indeed backing up there.

Hope that helps.

0 Likes
DroidMaxxSux

RAZRHAPPY - Thank you for the advice. I did call Verizon and they confirmed it to be true.

0 Likes
becj76

How do you disable the verizon backup assistant?  And also I can't find my contacts in google to make sure they are being backed up.

0 Likes
Route66
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tech support continues to report an ongoing problem with Backup Assistant+ communicating with the Gingerbread OS on the RAZR Maxx. They say they have a team (still) working on it. I dislike having multiple entries for contacts, and don't want everything synched to Google. So, I backup my contacts to SDCARD .vcf file.

0 Likes
DroidMaxxSux

Just found another issue...

Is there a way to set up your calendar in a "Master"
"slave" mode?

I accidently erased my phone calendar only to find out that it
automatically erased my calendar on Gmail. I was told at the Verizon store that
the calendar on Gmail does not run in a "master" “Slave" style
mode. I was also told that "Backup Assist" does not offer a
calendar.....

Seems ridiculous to me that all updates are updated
instantaneously. Meaning if you accidently erase your calendar, as I did, there
is nothing storing your calendar and all data is lost.

The one thing I liked about the concept of this phone was the
calendar and not having to carry around my daytimer anymore. This isn't true as
I still have to write my appts in my daytimer in the event that my phone
calendar gets wiped out again.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

are you referring to "a calendar" or the google calendar.

i just looked & i really don't see how you could accidentally erase the google calendar.

0 Likes
comerk

I had the same problem so I call support and I was told that you can only do the Backup assistant with 4G only, I have mine set to both WIFI and 4G, so I was instructed to turn my WIFI off and then the BA worked.  The only problem I have now is I can't figure out how to get back to the network settings and change it from both to just the 4g.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

becj76 wrote:

How do you disable the verizon backup assistant?  And also I can't find my contacts in google to make sure they are being backed up.

Settings / Applications / Manage Applications / All Tab / Sync Service / Clear Data / Restart

THIS WONT DELETE ANYTHING ON BACKUP ASSISTANT. IT JUST DISABLES THE APP...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/42820441/Disable%20Backup%20Assistance.gif

Also you can find the contacts option under the Google list option displayed below or click the this link https://mail.google.com/mail/?shva=1#inbox

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/42820441/Contacts%20on%20Google.png

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi comerk:

There are a lot of menu options on this phone, and this setting is kinda hard to find.

Here's how you go into the settings to get your device set to 4G. Settings> Wireless & Networks> Mobile Networks (at the bottom)> Network Mode> CDMA/LTE. This will tell your device to pick up both 3G and 4G.

I hope that helps you! Let us know if it works out.

Thanks,

MikeS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes