New Razr Maxx startup advice
chipjonz
Contributor - Level 1

I'm excited to be getting my new Razr Maxx on April 4th!  I have read that when I first get the phone I have to charge it fully before I can do anything so I get the best results out of it.  Is this true?  I know that I am going to be so excited since I waited so long for this day and I'm going to want to do nothing but play with it and explore everything the phone has to offer.  Can I spend the day on Wednesday playing with it and then charge it when I go to bed? 

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: New Razr Maxx startup advice
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The battery comes only partially charged.  I know it is hard to not play with it right away, but it would be better if you charge it fully before turning it on to activate and setup the phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
chipjonz
Contributor - Level 1

I signed up for an Android: Getting Started workshop on the same day that I'm getting the phone.  How long will it take for the initial charge of the phone?  Should I cancel the workshop?

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

And actually, it charges fairly fast ... Mine came with 60% charge on it ... took about an hour to fully charge from there. You can also boot it up while Charging to activate it & play with it to get familiar - just leave it plugged in while you do so.  Enjoy.

0 Likes
chipjonz
Contributor - Level 1

So I don't have to turn it off while it's doing the initial charge?

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Read my Post that i put on here A couple of weeks Ago an yes it's a Good thing to charge the battery then Insert the Sim an then Power it Up..

To read the older post i put on here put your Mouse on the Link an it will take you there B33

Sim Cards Installments Don't Touch that Gold!..Updated

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

When you first plug in the phone when you take it out of the box (based on the instructions Jim mentions), a battery symbol will appear that will show you how much charge there is. If it's at least halfway charged, you can remove the charge adaptor temporarily, boot the phone, but once you get to the initial screen, plug it back in to continue the charge. The phone is workable at that point & will continue the charging. But again, to top off the battery initially probably won't take that long anyway.

0 Likes
chipjonz
Contributor - Level 1

As of right now, it looks like I will be buying the phone from a Verizon store, so I probably won't have to worry about having it delivered. 

0 Likes
B33
Legend

That is if the have any in Stock in your Area!  Here were i live in Ks they Didn't have any in Stock an that was in a 150 mile Area!  An if they're out in the Ware House it might be a short bit before you get it. But then again if there in stock it should just take just a few Days to get one..

0 Likes
chipjonz
Contributor - Level 1

My hope is that I can get the phone early in the day, give it a full charge, turn it back on to play with it for a little bit to get used to it, and then go to the workshop and learn even more about the phone.  That would be the ideal scenario, but whether or not all of that actually happens, we'll have to wait and see. 

0 Likes