8107 is coming when?
ntropy99
Enthusiast - Level 2

Seriously, 8107 has been out for a while.  You also missed putting out 7740. 

VZW has one WP phone, the trophy.  How hard is it to do your "testing" before you release it?

So, let's get on with it and get it out.  Unless you really don't want the little fixes that both of these address fixed.

Maybe that is it, by not allowing the update, you drive people away from WP to either the Iphad or Maldroid.

That is not going to happen.  What have you found that is causing you to delay?  Really?  Just let us know.

So like a previous discussion regarding more options for WP phones (and the Trophy is one of your highest rated phones),

please tell us when we can expect the 8107 update or just say NO, ok?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 8107 is coming when?
primortal
Master - Level 1

I wouldn't hold your breath, take a look at this article. http://www.wpcentral.com/carriers-able-block-windows-phone-software-updates-they-see-fit

0 Likes
ntropy99
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm not.  But it seems better that they continue to hear from users than just give up.  Verizon can ignore this and everyone else who makes the request. 

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

I doubt that anyone of importance views these threads.  Of all the posts in this community no one from VZW has chimed in.  If you're on twitter send https://twitter.com/#!/VZWSUPPORT a tweet.

If not you'd get better results calling support once a week.

0 Likes
rsd

Yeah, I have been calling and no clarity yet and they even had me calling HTC saying it is HTC's problem.  HTC pointed out to me that the update has been released to Verizon!

Verizon does not care about Windows Phone users!

0 Likes
jsh17001
Contributor - Level 1

Come on VZW. Just give us the update. Prove that you are willing to support WP devices. Quit sitting you your proverbial butts and make it happen.

0 Likes
texanator
Enthusiast - Level 3

It would be very nice to have the 8107 update. I get the disappearing keyboard as much as 5 times in a row when trying to type a text message.

However 1 update per phone SEEMS to be verizon's way of operating. My wife has the Droid X and has only ever recieved 1 update for it in nearly 2 years.

Looks like we burned our 1 update in getting Mango.

0 Likes
ntropy99
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello, Still waiting to hear from you Verizon.  Maybe you don't want to release because you have a new phone for us.  Unfortunately, I am not of those people who get a new phone when it is released.  Maybe the Maldroids can, but not me.  I would just like to know - Yes or No.  Simple question with a simple answer - Will you be updating the Trophy to 8107?

I won't go into more questions like why not if "No".  I love this phone OS and will wait it out.  But I will want a WP8 in Feb '13 - So, I hope you are prepared for me.

Again - still waiting to hear from you.  Thanks

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

Most likely VZW is waiting for Tango to apply the update to the Trophy.

0 Likes
AtomicInternet
Contributor - Level 1

I'm sick of Verizon throwing WP7 under the bus constantly.  Here's an article I used to force upgrade, obviously do this at your own risk, but my keyboard no longer disappears randomly: http://www.wpcentral.com/force-updating-your-windows-phone-os-build-8107-tutorial

0 Likes