Droid Razr-- Does anyone have on that works?
rjohnson1974

I bought my Droid Razr about two months ago and immediately started have NO Data connections.  They told me so  many **** stories it was impossible to keep up.  Finally after a week they tried a new sim card.  That did nothing.  So a few days later they decided to try a few things else and none of those worked.  As soon as my 14 day return policy was up, which they consistently refused to discuss returning it, they said I would have to have it replaced with a REFURBISHED PHONE!  I paid over $200 for this ****** and over $200 in accessories on to get a refurbished phone!  Guess what, it has been two months and all morning I still only get 3g or 4g when my piece of sh*t RAZR decides to give it to me.

Worst Verizon phone EVER!!!!!   Verizon scammed me big time!  I have spent countless hours on the phone with tech support, "super tech support" etc.  Yeah, they get my phone working until they hang up!  They erased my phone completely once saying it needed to be rebooted, losing all my information only to do nothing!  Tech support can not help you.  Holding your volume and off button will not work.  Resetting your phone will not work.  Getting a new sim card will not work.  Replacing your junk RAZR for a refurbished junk RAZR will not work.

So, other than Verizon employees.  Does anyone have one of these that actually works?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Razr-- Does anyone have on that works?
Reptilian
Enthusiast - Level 2

I do, and there are plenty of others that do as well. Bad luck, I guess

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

rjohnson1974 wrote:

Replacing your junk RAZR for a refurbished junk RAZR will not work.

Out of curiosity, how would you know since your post makes it sound as if you are unwilling to do this. Sorry if I have misunderstood and you DID actually get a refurbished phone.

One thing to try when you factory reset a phone would be to make sure NONE of your application settings are saved prior to  resetting your phone. Otherwise, if it is an app which is causing the problem, when you reload the app and restore the settings, you will be having the exact same problems.

0 Likes
eddiepitts

I have had a droid razr for about 3 weeks. The first weekend it lost it's data connection. I spent almost an hour on the phone with tech support and we ended up doing the total reboot. I didn't lose anything because of my Google play account holding all my apps and all of my important data like my photos and documents is usually stored on the cloud. However it was a pain in the ass, but it was worthwhile to log the issue to have a record of the instance. Since then I found a Motorola app called Restore Connectivity Settings. They have different ones for different phones so just look for the droid. It was designed to accommodate 4g networks but it works just as well for 3g. Since I installed it I have had several instances of a lost data connection and it has restored it every time with a click. Since I have the issue logged, I reported back to Verizon every time that the I have had the lost connection to also get it logged and I have told them that I will give them a fair amount of time to roll out a fix or I want a new phone. I have been a Verizon customer since they began selling phones and service and they have been very good to me over the years.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

As rc said you might need to do a Factory Rest an just Because you live in a 4G area doesn't always mean you will get it especially if they just deployed it in your Area. The technician's might be tweaking the system for weeks to get the Kinks out if. an if it goes down Nation Wide you not the only one with out it Millions are.

An to answer you final Question: So, other than Verizon employees.  Does anyone have one of these that actually works?  Yes mine is Working Great But i also know what to do with it.   If it has an issue,  And i only use Reputable apps from the Market, An when i surf the Web i go to places i know that are safe an when i 'm done i clear the cache an everything else. I have had a Droid phone for 2 years an Black berries before them..b33 

0 Likes
ARZ

I've had mine for just over a WEEK, and so far, no problems of any kind, other than my lack of understanding. AND NO, I am not SMARTER than a Smart Phone. I really like it, but wish I'd of gone with the next model up with better battery life. Thats my only complaint so FAR!

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Yea you would like the having the bigger battery.. when ones ask me Question about especially my family members cousins an suck they say what does it compare in like an i tell them it's Like a Hot. B.M.W with a Big A$$ Gas tank.Lol b33 

0 Likes
4ktvs
Contributor - Level 1

Never mind

More on topic: I wish I could say mine worked right.

That's all I am going to say about it.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

it used to be nice in the old format where you could add where you lived, if you cared to.

bottom line, i think some folks buy the razr/maxx/any 4g phone without looking at the coverage map, find out they're on the fringes of 3g & whine about poor or no service.

fwiw:

i've got a friend with a maxx who just traveled to/from oregon from phoenix & i was giving him wx updates thru some garbage wx all thru california, as he was going to oregon.

in oregon no internet at the house he was staying & he used the phone as a hotspot for a laptop without any aggravation.

0 Likes
KellyArens
Contributor - Level 3

I received this phone months ago to replace my horrible Galaxy Nexus....Has worked great since the day I opened the box.

0 Likes