1 2 3 4 Previous Next 69 Replies Latest reply: Aug 8, 2012 1:33 PM by Harveyd Go to original post RSS
      • 10. Re: Petition for Samsung Galaxy Note/Journal....need 5,000!
        airazona

I have followed this phone before it was even released. Now after seeing it and playing with it, I have definitely decided it is for me. The thought has crossed my mind to bail on Verizon and go to AT&T but I am being patient to see if Big Red will eventually pick this up.

The petitions have been signed, emailed, tweeted, googled, facebooked and all the rest. I've even called Verizon to "officially" let them know there is a demand for this phone.

Let's hope we see this one soon.

• 11. Re: Petition for Samsung Galaxy Note/Journal....need 5,000!
          pat3332

The last information I read, the Note has been pushed back to April, apparently because Samsung is hoping they can get the Galaxy S III out about the same time as the Note to increase sales of the Galaxy and also to try to get it out around the same time as HTC's new One series.

I'm still a little puzzled about the petition since it's been announced that Verizon should get their version of the Note sometime in the first half of this year anyway. I know, no one puts a lot of faith in these predicted time releases, but Verizon and Sprint both are suppose to get it, so I'd make sure your coverage is as good, or better than Verizon's in your area before jumping to AT&T just to get it 2-3 months early and end up with poor coverage. I left AT&T mainly because their coverage can't compare with Verizon's in my area.

It sounds like a nice device, especially for people who have a need to draw and make handwritten notes, but I remember how many people were thrilled when touch screens came out so they could get rid of their PDA's because they were always losing the stylus and using a stylus wasn't all that fast. At least with the Note you'll have a choice.

I understand the attraction of not having to carry two devices and maybe when I get to play with one I'll like it more than I think, but right now, I don't really want a tablet much smaller than 7" and I'm pretty sure something a lot nicer will be out by the time my contract expires in December.

• 12. Re: Petition for Samsung Galaxy Note/Journal....need 5,000!
            Kolsonbm

No its not announced, it's a rumor. To everyone else, a Bestbuy mobile rep just told me that Samsung and AT&T signed a contract for the Note for 6 months....which means we might not see anything until July

• 13. Re: Petition for Samsung Galaxy Note/Journal....need 5,000!
              zaubertuba

**Bump!**  Voted--thanks for organizing this! 

• 14. Re: Petition for Samsung Galaxy Note/Journal....need 5,000!
                FILL3ROFGR4VES

Signed.

Honestly it floors me that Verizon would either choose or allow themselves to NOT have the Note at the same time as their competitors. I've followed this phone for some time now and am just wrenched that I still can't get it with Verizon.....I might just have to switch

What's the deal with this and other Samsung phones with Verizon?  I mean how does Verizon still not have a Galaxy S2 phone available when every other carrier on the planet is getting ready to announce their Galaxy S3 model?.....mind boggling...

• 15. Re: Petition for Samsung Galaxy Note/Journal....need 5,000!
                  zaubertuba

FILL3ROFGR4VES wrote:

Signed.

Honestly it floors me that Verizon would either choose or allow themselves to NOT have the Note at the same time as their competitors. I've followed this phone for some time now and am just wrenched that I still can't get it with Verizon.....I might just have to switch

What's the deal with this and other Samsung phones with Verizon?  I mean how does Verizon still not have a Galaxy S2 phone available when every other carrier on the planet is getting ready to announce their Galaxy S3 model?.....mind boggling...

...a Bestbuy mobile rep just told me that Samsung and AT&T signed a contract for the Note for 6 months....which means we might not see anything until July

I'm sure there's a lot of market-jockying between hardware vendors and wireless carriers when new hardware like this comes out.  I imagine it's pretty dog-eat-dog out there, and news like Kolsonbm heard kind of confirms that there's a lot of negotiating involved for a carrier to be able to bring a particular piece of hardware to market.

I'm willing to wait for it, because I'm sold on Samsung's hardware, Verizon has stellar coverage in our locale, and I've already mentioned in another thread I *really* like the idea of this form factor.

• 16. Re: Petition for Samsung Galaxy Note/Journal....need 5,000!
                    midd3

Signed.  Don't let us down Verizon.  I have four phones - 3 up for upgrades, the 4th will be free in July.  My husband and I really want the Samsung Note.  We don't want to leave Verizon but the phone choices here are limited.  C'mon, listen to your customers.  Give us the Note.

• 17. Re: Petition for Samsung Galaxy Note/Journal....need 5,000!
                      Rich9778

Verizon is playing games. They WON'T Release the Journal because they want us to get their Galaxy Notebook 7 and also have a phone. EVERYTHING about Verizon is suspect to profit and they don't care about their customers. Remember when they were going to try to charge us $5 to pay our bills! WHAT GULL !! If they didn't have the coverage I needed I would have told them to go to h*ll a LONG time ago.

• 18. Re: Petition for Samsung Galaxy Note/Journal....need 5,000!
                        pat3332

That's one theory. And I think you just told them.

1 2 3 4 Previous Next