Receiving texts from 6250, VZWNMN ?
Frodo59
Enthusiast - Level 2

Receiving frequent no-message texts from 6250, VZWNMN:1, --:2, --:3, --:4

Looks like a Verizon ID.

Don't need 25 messages added to my account.

Any clues as to what it is or what I can do about it?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Receiving texts from 6250, VZWNMN ?
Frodo59
Enthusiast - Level 2

However, the suggested links on the right led me to this answer which you provided to others, which works:

http://www.droid-life.com/2011/06/27/incredible-2-owners-receiving-message-from-vzwnmn-here-is-how-t...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try a search in this community. This question has been asked many times before.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Frodo59
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the suggestion.  However searches for 6250 and for VZWNMN returned nothing useful.

0 Likes
Frodo59
Enthusiast - Level 2

However, the suggested links on the right led me to this answer which you provided to others, which works:

http://www.droid-life.com/2011/06/27/incredible-2-owners-receiving-message-from-vzwnmn-here-is-how-t...

0 Likes
lindaray64
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi! I've searched through the communities and although this question has been asked many (many!) times before, no solution seems to have been found. Handcent seems to work most of the time, but ... I may be the first to report having the problem on an LG with an as-you-go data plan. I called customer service and they said Verizon isn't sending me anything at all according to their records. So today, I went to the store, and the person I talked to deleted then re-installed Backup Assistant because it wasn't recognizing my pin (although I entered my pin exactly as BUA displayed it to me). I mention that only because several comments in the four or five communities established for this issue have indicated suspicion that this problem is related to Backup Assistant.I have had the call several times since we re-installed, though. Others have thought the message had something to do with receiving Yahoo emails. I don't want data charges for merely announcing I have yahoo mail, since it's all junkmail anyway and I *never* read it. So ... how can I stop these infernal middle-of-the-night (among many, many other times) 6250 text messages. Can developers please put that fix at the head of their New Year's Resolution list?

lindaray64
Enthusiast - Level 1

BTW I should have mentioned that the person in the store had no idea what it was and said he thought it might not even be from Verizon. His solution was to reply "STOP" to the message on my phone. That had no effect whatsoever. Thanks if you can look into this, and special thanks if you can find a solution.