My verizon app issue
srh1220
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello,

I previously enjoyed using the my verizon app on my other android devices but have not been able to use it on my galaxy nexus. 

When trying to sign into the app or widget I am given a message that says "alert: username and password do not match"...

I can verify that this is the correct username and password as I have changed both trying to fix this issue. I have also tried restarting the phone, uninstalling the update and reinstalling the update, force stop, and clearing the cache. At this point I have run out of ideas as I havent been able to sign in for days.

Thank you in advance.

Edit: This issue also prevents me from signing into the nfl mobile app.  I am trying to enter the name and password that I log into my online verizon wireless profile. Am I incorrect and should be using a different login? I have the "verizon login" app installed on my phone. I cant access it or open it but I see that its installed under settings. Is this causing the problem? because I cant reinstall an app that I already apparently have.

Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My verizon app issue
srh1220
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello, with the most recent update, my app is now working.

Thank you and hope this fixes the problem for everyone else as well.

The problem is solved for me

View solution in original post

srh1220
Enthusiast - Level 2

Really, not one response?

0 Likes
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi srh1220,

I know it's frustrating not being able to use your My Verizon application on your Galaxy Nexus!  I would like to assist with getting it working.

First, ensure you're connected to the Verizon Wireless 3G/4G network when accessing your My Verizon application, not WiFi.  Next, I suggest resetting the "My Verizon Mobile" application by going to the "Settings" icon > "Apps" (Downloaded) > "My Verizon Mobile" > "Force stop" > "Clear data".  This will reset the application, and the next time you access the application, it will prompt you to log in.  Use your most current username and password.  You should now be able to access your "My Verizon Mobile" application.

Let me know how this works out for you.

Thanks,

AnthonyTa_VZW

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
dmontanosanders
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello,

This does not seem to work. I have read other forums that say to create a sub-account with the phone number, but that seems like a work around and not a solution.

marge35

THANK YOU!!! It was a VERY easy fix and it WORKS!!!

0 Likes
danlila
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have tried this and uninstalled the updates and reinstalled them and nothing works. Please help.

srh1220
Enthusiast - Level 2

@AnthonyTa_VZW

Hello, and thank you for your response but I have tried these steps numerous times with no luck. I even went as far as to perform a factory reset of the phone....no luck.

Maybe if there were an update to the my verizon mobile or vzw login apps that addresses this that might be a way to fix the problem. Since these apps came preinstalled on the phone I cannot delete or reinstall them in order to try that option.

0 Likes
srh1220
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello, with the most recent update, my app is now working.

Thank you and hope this fixes the problem for everyone else as well.

The problem is solved for me

NexusMan21
Contributor - Level 2

The My Verizon App on the Galaxy Nexus doesn't work at all anymore. It constantly says username and password are incorrect when they are. The Verizon Login app is also no longer supported on the Nexus.

What's worse is as of today Verizon is no longer supporting the Data Widget! That was the most useful thing about the app. I would still love to get into my account information through the app, but it is no longer possible. Clearing the data in the Apps menu does not work either.

It's funny that the only two Verizon bloatware apps on the phone don't even work anymore.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It sounds like VZW is discontinuing the data widget.

http://www.androidcentral.com/verizon-discontinues-its-android-data-widget?style_mobile=0

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes