Faulty update?
Soulbishop

This morning I woke up to a pending update for my droid 2 global, so I accepted it. At this point my phone had been on the charger while I slept and I would say was in full working order I could see my background, that I had several text unanswered and I decided I would check them all after the update. I figured the update would take a while so I dropped back into sleep. When I awoke again I was greeted by a black screen Bootloader D0.11 err:a5,70,00,00,23 battery ok ok to program, connect usb data cable ( I had unplugged the phone at this point.) After powering it on and off after removing the battery I googled it, I won't lie and say I looked all over because I dropped 400 bucks to get this phone as my first phone on my own phone plan exactly a year ago i didnt pay to be a researcher. . . that said most of the google results come back to I have a short somewhere in my phone, but my phones never met with a watery incident so I checked the water damage indicator and its fine. SO I am coming straight here in hopes of finding a solution that doesnt involve signing up for 3 different websites and playing tech support for myself, after all thats what we pay verizon for and asurion. At the same time as instanteous as my phone died I would like it replaced, so wish me luck after my coffee I am heading to a store if I haven't found a solution.

0 Likes
Re: Faulty update?
HinTN

I had the exact same thing happen this morning.  Verizon tech support went through several attempts to reset to prior operating system.  New phone is FedEx to arrive tomorrow...

0 Likes
Xenon

Same thing here.... 

0 Likes
bgeoghegan

Same thing here.  Will someone from Verizon please respond?

0 Likes
mphmph

I am having exactly the same problem. I went to the Verizon store and they implied that the phone was dead and I was out of warranty and out of luck. The phone was perfect before the update. Verizon PLEASE help!

0 Likes
andie524

Yep...had the same thing happen to me also...waiting for new phone. Verizon f'ed up our phones with a bad update now customers loose their info on their phones (in some cases) and cause undo stress and inconvienience. I think we should get something for this crap...most of us pay and arm and a leg for cell phone service, and this is what we get. BS I say! Luckily I pay for insurance or I'd been screwed....been a customers for over 7 years and tired of bad service.

0 Likes
KenR

I am having the same problem.  Motorola says send them the phone and they'll look at it.  This phone is out about 3 months of warranty, so Verizon tech wanted to sell me a new phone as a replacement. 

0 Likes