1 2 Previous Next 18 Replies Latest reply: Jan 28, 2013 1:36 AM by Shreddi RSS

Frustrating connection problem with Novatel USB551L 4G USB Modem

chileconjefe

I'm having a frustrating connection problem with my new USB551L modem. It's hard to describe, so I'll just walk you through my daily process of attempting to establish a connection:

• I run VZAccess Manager, it recognizes my modem w/ 4G connection.
      • I click "Connect WWAN." It says "initializing" at the bottom of the window, but just hangs. Nothing happens. I've waiting over 20 minutes before and nothing. The light on my modem will blink for a few seconds, then go solid again, then blink for another few seconds ad nauseum, even though VZAM says I have a full signal.
      • I try exiting VZAM, and it hangs on the "VZAM is closing" window! So I'm therefore forced to force quit using the Windows Task manager.
      • I open up VZAM again and attempt to reconnect. If I'm LUCKY, it'll connect and then 1 of two things will happen: I get a full send/receive connection and all is good, or I just send data and don't receive any. If the latter happens, any attempt to reconnect will just have me send data, but not receive any. I therefore have to quit VZAM and retry the whole thing.
      • Most of the time, it doesn't even connect the second time, so I have to repeat the whole process of force quitting, restarting, and attempting to connect.
      • It takes me, on average, 4-5 times of the whole "open VZAM, try to connect, force quit, repeat" process. It takes me around 10 mintues to connect to the internet every time, due to this frustrating problem with either my modem, or the VZAM software.

Does anyone have this problem and/or know how to fix it?

For reference, my specs: 

Lenovo Thinkpad X220, Win 7 Home Premium SP1, latest VZAM software, latest drivers, no driver conflicts in the windows device manager. 

HELP!

1 2 Previous Next