1 2 3 4 Previous Next 36 Replies Latest reply: Feb 28, 2012 10:11 PM by notarep Go to original post RSS
      • 30. Re: Is Unlimited Smartphone data really still available?
        Wildman

        One thing you dont get, the tier plans is what anyone that starts a account would get... All you are trying to do is bypass the system and the funny part you dont see why this is wrong...   Policy's are in place for a reason but so many dont think they are there for them, just everyone else.

         

        Long time customers get this option because they are simply allowing the customer to keep what they have had during the time they have put in with company..  We earned the right to have the plan..

        • 31. Re: Is Unlimited Smartphone data really still available?
          rcschnoor

          semismartphone wrote:

           

          All I'm asking for is the same thing other people have received. Apparently that is too much to ask of Verizon.

          I agree. I have a neighbor who is stealing cable from their service provider. I went into their office and asked for the same deal that my neighbor had, free cable. They said no! The nerve! They are providing it to someone else, I was just asking for the same courtesy.

           

          There was a bank nearby which was robbed recently. The culprit has not been caught. I went into the same bank and asked for the same amount of money the thief got away with. They said no! The nerve! They gave the money to someone else, I was just asking for the same courtesy.

          • 32. Re: Is Unlimited Smartphone data really still available?
            rcschnoor

            And when these employees are let go because they do not follow company policy, you are not going to lose any sleep over it, are you? I just want to get mine!!!

            • 33. Re: Is Unlimited Smartphone data really still available?
              rcschnoor

              semismartphone wrote:

               

              rcschnoor wrote:

              So let's see if I understand this correctly.

               

              You go into Verizon and ask them that if you try to cheat the system into tricking it into giving you unlimited data, will it work? What do you expect them to say?

               

              I would like them to be honest and answer truthfully. Does Verizon not allow their employees to tell the truth when it contradicts company policy? It seems they did. They said NO. Of course, you could try again and again and again until you can find either a rep who does not know the policy, does not care about the policy or is just dishonest with their employer. But you will be sure to complain about them lying to you if you do not get what they promised you. Funny thing about dishonest or incompetent employees, though, if they are dishonest/incompetent with their employers, what makes you think they will not be the same with you?

               

              rcschnoor wrote:

               

              You say that you want the same "courtesy" which they gave these other customers. The "courtesy" they gave these other customers was to let them sign up with a tiered data plan. These customers then attempted to gain access to the unlimited data plan without Verizon's knowledge. Not one instance you have provided did any of these customers go into Verizon, ask to have the unlimited data added to their account and was told "yes, no problem". So it seems you do not want the same courtesy.

               

              How is it without Verizon's knowledge? All these instances are people calling in and talking to people. How could the representative they are talking to not know what features they are changing/adding/removing? Even in the links I provided which were recent, the employees acknowledged they were adding the unlimited data feature.

               

              From the link I provided earlier at http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1745477-Loophole-How-to-get-unlimited-data?p=14738435#post14738435

              As of last wednesday the loophole still worked. I upgraded my wifes line from a dumphone to a razr and the local store couldn't put the hotspot on other than 2gb. I called 3 times untill a rep was able to add the $30 hotspot which changed it to unlimited. I have dropped the hotspot as of yesterday and I still have unlimited on the upgraded line. The first two reps acknowledged the loophole nad said it was closed. The third one said no problem and added my unlimited data with the $30 hotspot. It is fairly easy to add or remove the hotspot anytime u want once you get on the unlimited. You can add or remove it through your online verizon account at any time. As I have stated before, the people who have gotten this sign up with a tiered data plan, then try to add the hotspot feature, bypassing Verizon's policy, and get unlimited data when they are not eligible. If it does not work the 1st time they try again and again and again, until they either find a rep who does not know the policy or who is willing to bypass it. Then you complain about CS reps who are dishonest or incompetent when in fact you went in search of one who was exactly that!!!!!

              From another link I provided at http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=22976380&postcount=658 where a MANAGER approved adding the feature!!

              Just did this successfully over the phone. Took me a few tries and he was a bit skeptical because they track all the times you call in and keep notes from each rep. He said that this code was for people already on an unlimited plan. He checked with his manager and they approved it because I told them the code came from a VZW rep. He was sure to get permission from his supervisor because he said it would cover him if they ever got audited. I did this to two of the lines on my family plan. I am still skeptical. How long till they revert me back to 4GB? And will they retroactively charge me? or just fix their error and leave me alone? Once again, someone lying to get something for which they are not eligible. Try again and again and again until you find someone who is unwilling to follow policy, doesn't care about policy, or believes someone who lies to them to get it. Then if they get caught, they will be sure to complain how Verizon LIED TO THEM.

              Yet again a link I provided http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=22656568&postcount=647

              [This one is fairly long, I'll just post the relevant part of the chat session. Phillip is the customer and Chilton is the Verizon employee]

              Chilton: What specific hotspot feature are you wanting to add?

              Chilton: For how many GB?

              PHILIP: The $30 4G Mobile Hotspot.

              PHILIP: Someone said the feature code was 76153.

              ...

              Chilton: I do see that you are eligible for it. Would you like for me to add the feature?

              ...

              Chilton: Just to let you know, this qualifies both phones for unlimited data for $29.99. Is it ok if we change to that on both phones?

              ...

              Chilton: I have everything submitted. Both lines have the hotspot and unlimited data. 314432280 is your confirmation number.

              I see a lot of complaints on these boards about people who are promised something by a CS person and have been told that it was added to their account. They then find out what they were told did not, in fact, get put on their account. It would be interesting to find out how many of THESE people are the same people who lied to Verizon to get something they are not, in fact, eligible for, and the request was denied. These same people then go back to Verizon, yell and scream that they were promised something and didn't get it. All this time, the reason they were originally promised the change was the blatant lies they told Verizon to have the change promised. It seems that sometimes you get exactly what you deserve.

              • 34. Re: Is Unlimited Smartphone data really still available?
                semismartphone

                rcschnoor wrote:

                 

                semismartphone wrote:

                 

                All I'm asking for is the same thing other people have received. Apparently that is too much to ask of Verizon.

                I agree. I have a neighbor who is stealing cable from their service provider. I went into their office and asked for the same deal that my neighbor had, free cable. They said no! The nerve! They are providing it to someone else, I was just asking for the same courtesy.

                 

                There was a bank nearby which was robbed recently. The culprit has not been caught. I went into the same bank and asked for the same amount of money the thief got away with. They said no! The nerve! They gave the money to someone else, I was just asking for the same courtesy.

                Wow, your neighbor called in to the cable company, asked for free cable and got it? Because if they didn't, it's not the same thing. Same with your flippant bank example. Nobody is being robbed, no crimes are being committed.

                 

                Since this "discussion" is going nowhere, I'll go ahead and mark that having a Verizon representative add a feature is the same as stealing cable or robbing a bank though.

                • 35. Re: Is Unlimited Smartphone data really still available?
                  budone

                  semismartphone wrote:

                   

                  I guess I'm still confused. There are users on these forums stating they have followed these instructions and successfully added unlimited mobile hotspot and then also received unlimited smartphone data where they previously only had a metered feature.

                   

                  Recent examples (as recent at yesterday 2/27/2012):

                  http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1745477-Loophole-How-to-get-unlimited-data?p=14738456#post14738456

                  http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1745477-Loophole-How-to-get-unlimited-data?p=14738435#post14738435

                  http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1745477-Loophole-How-to-get-unlimited-data?p=14732897#post14732897

                  http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1745477-Loophole-How-to-get-unlimited-data?p=14732697#post14732697

                  http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1745477-Loophole-How-to-get-unlimited-data?p=14731088#post14731088

                   

                  http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=22976380&postcount=658

                  http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=22656568&postcount=647

                  http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=22509389&postcount=640

                   

                  Are these people fabricating the stories or something? That seems like a pretty elaborate hoax.

                  There are also posts that state the user was audited and their unlimited plan was removed. They are circumventing the programs to get the unlimited plan. All I can say, if you want to sign up and try what those posters stated what they did, go for it.

                   

                  If you are willing to work the system and get it,  great.  When taken away, and it will be , don't come back here complaining. Unlimited is history for new customers, unless you are will to take the chance those others did. And at some point you will lose it most likely without any notice.

                  • 36. Re: Is Unlimited Smartphone data really still available?
                    notarep

                    Unlimited data is not offered anymore. The reps that put it on the account will lose their jobs, and the customers who had unlimited puto n their account will end up paying for all the data past 2gb. lol.

                     

                    Any rep who offered it to customers is in the wrong and just didn't wanna get yelled at or make a customer upset. Sprint is starting to throttle and their speeds pale in comparison to verizons under the same service conditions. Good luck.

                    1 2 3 4 Previous Next