How can I stop forwarding email messages to my message folder on Blackberry Curve
Callie

I have a BlackBerry Curve 8330 smartphone. I'm new to these kinds of phones, and on my last bill there was an additional $14 charge for data, even though I have an unlimited data plan, so my assumption is that I went over my allotment of 250 text messages. Only I haven't actually sent any formal text messages, so I realized with horror that all the emails that were being forwarded to my message folder must be counted as text messages. I had no idea, and I'd like to change this.

I have a yahoo mail account, and I'd like to stil be able to access the mail on my phone without having duplicate messages sent to my message folder. When I searched the help options on the phone, it made it sound like this was simple, and in order to stop forwarding email messages to the handheld device I just had to go to options- email settings- and select 'send email to handheld' field to no. Only under email settings there is no such option! So what do I do? Help!

0 Likes
Re: How can I stop forwarding email messages to my message folder on Blackberry Curve
mtkalimey
Enthusiast - Level 3

It sounds like you may have the Broadband Access ability on your plan which gives you the ability to use your bberry as a modem.

You can cancel that if you wish but you always have to have a data plan for blackberry.

Email will be included with your data plan and shouldn't give any extra charges, unless they are being sent as text messages.

I use gmail and my company account on mine with no issues, and I used to have my yahoo on there also at one time. I never received excess email charges

0 Likes
Re: How can I stop forwarding email messages to my message folder on Blackberry Curve
Callie

mtkalimey wrote:

Email will be included with your data plan and shouldn't give any extra charges, unless they are being sent as text messages.

I think that is what is happening, and I don't know how to make it stop. My email messages appear both in my email app, and the txt message inbox.

0 Likes
mtkalimey
Enthusiast - Level 3

The text message inbox is just a generic inbox it handles all messages SMS, MMS or email.

You can separate them by going to your message folder- Blackberry Button> Options>General Options>SMS and EMail Inboxes- Change to Separate. Then Exit and Save.

You will then be able to see what is truely going where.

If you yahoo is going to TXT messages then it is probably a setting on Yahoo.

0 Likes