Nokia Lumia 719 passes through Bluetooth SIG, possibly heading to Verizon?
MadDogFL62
Contributor - Level 2
0 Likes
Re: Nokia Lumia 719 passes through Bluetooth SIG, possibly heading to Verizon?
primortal
Master - Level 1

I was hoping for a high and device with a bigger screen, but in hindsight might just get this if the device comes to VZW.  It will hold me over till the WP8 devices are released with better screen resolution later this year Smiley Happy

0 Likes
MadDogFL62
Contributor - Level 2

It sounds like the 719 is the 710 with LTE support and Mango.  Compared to the HTC Trophy, the 719 should have a longer battery life, better processor, smaller screen (prob. cleaner display), same camera, lighter weight and the same RAM and storage without SD Card expansion.  + processor + LTE should make the 719 perform better than the Trophy.  I like the idea of the extra battery life.  Perhaps it will be offered in a few colors, too?

Slightly better than the Trophy.  A safe bet for Verizon as Microsoft seems to be putting their eggs into the Nokia basket.  This gets Verizon the LTE inventory they want.  Price point is on the Nokia is good and it helps Verizon make up for all of the lost hardware $$$ on the iPhone.  Shape, some color options, affordable price, crisp display and LTE may help lure some new customers into the Verizon WP mix.  Like I said, gotta start somewhere!

Trophy: http://www.htc.com/www/smartphones/htc-7-trophy/#specs

710 Nokia:  http://www.nokia.com/us-en/products/phone/lumia710/specifications/

LE2Strat
Enthusiast - Level 3

Still just rumors and guesses so far.  I asked Paul Thurrott of WinSuperSite and he is sticking by his guns saying Verizon is getting the 710.  Not a 719, or even the rumored 730.  The sites that reported "Possibly Heading to Verizon" just added that line in there it looks like as a guess.  If you look at the original sources, they don't mention Verizon, or even CDMA.  There was CDMA talks for the 730 though in the source article, but that could be a CDMA device for China for all we know.

We may find out news at MWC next week, but really sad Verizon at this point doesn't look like it's getting anything in regards of 800/900 device.

If the 719 is an LTE device, I expect the price to be a good bump up from the 710.  Different internals for sure, and they have to put in a bigger battery.  I don't see an LTE device working just with a 1300mHA battery.  That would die in no-time.

0 Likes
chinch
Contributor - Level 1

This was discussed a month or so ago and seems to confirm the obvious... verizon passed on the "hero" 900 device (and accompanying marketing mandated blitz) for the 7xx.  The final name or number beyone Lumia 7xx is moot. Price change is moot (similar cost as 710 based on all other components)

Verizon can NOT release the existing 710 as the radio is not for cdma. Also if verizon releases a 7xx model WITHOUT LTE they are the confirmed as the most ignorant tech company in existance.

0 Likes
lonmcd

I've been waiting for Verizon to come out with a Windows phone other than the one they have for several years.  I could've upgraded in 2010.  I doubt I will be with Verizon much longer if I can't get a Windows 7.5 or higher phone on Verizon.

0 Likes
bc3tech
Contributor - Level 2

you do realize that the HTC trophy is a Windows Phone 7.5 device, right?

0 Likes
chinch
Contributor - Level 1

7.5 "mango" devices are 2nd Gen WP7 devices generally considered with the better gpu/cpu, front camera support, compass, etc.

Trophy can obviously run wp7.5 mango but is an original wp7.0 device, released in Oct 2010 overseas then many months later with CDMA for Verizon.

0 Likes
lonmcd

After it's upgraded, yes. But that's only one very limited choice.

0 Likes