Re: Endless boot-looping, battery overheating and rapid draining on Rezound
DharmaDog
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don't think it is a tower switching issue but does seem to be something to do with the network.  I work at home and at times don't go anywhere for days and the rebooting has happened.  Somewhere I read that if you turn on 4G by putting your phone's mobile network back to LTE/CDMA and turning off Fast Boot before rebooting that it is much less likely to occur and this has seemed to be true so far for me.

Again, thanks for your help by providing the XDA info and I do hope that you get to feeling better soon! Smiley Happy

Message was edited by: DharmaDog:   I forgot to mention that I do live in the sticks/boonies or what ever you want to call it and wouldn't be surprised if it is some kind of network signal issue.  I usually have 4 or 5 bar 3G service but have occasionally seen it drop to 1 bar late at night but this is very rare.

0 Likes
pat3332
Contributor - Level 2

Thanks for that. I thought the one link to the tips and FAQ's was interesting, but I didn't see anything that pertained to this problem. At least Jeff Hora admitted there is a problem, which is a little unusual, but I wonder if the statement "we are working on the problem but have no ETA" is corporate speak for we hope ICS fixes it.  I haven't read anything about Fast boot affecting it before, but I always have it on, so I'll try turning it off and see if it makes any difference.

I read Ann's comment and it just seems even more mysterious since it's happening to different phones, from different manufacturers in the same place.

I work a 12 hour night shift and have noticed the same thing with the connection getting wonky after midnight. Sometimes for a short time, sometimes the rest of the night, so I've always assumed that's when they work on the network. Just a guess.

0 Likes
zrotwandr
Enthusiast - Level 2

All,

Just wanted to give you a quick update.

It has been 8 days on my CLN replacement phone.

Just for reference:

Previous Rezound:

Temperature swing: 75F-130F

Battery Charging: 2-3x/day

Endless Bootlooping occurred once

Usage: Light usage would heat phone up to the point I could not keep the case on it and would remove battery to cool

Downloaded APPS Usage: MP3 Music App,Battery Widget,Banking,HD wallpaper,Astro File Manager

Network Setting: CDMA/LTE

CLN Replacement Phone:

Temperature swing: 72F-99F (Unit has not reached 100F)

Battery Charging: 1x/day

No Bootlooping

Usage: Moderate Usage the phone feels cool to the touch in the case

Downloaded APPS Usage: Banking

Network Setting: CDMA/LTE

As you can see I have not downloaded all of the Apps I used to use and quite frankly do not want to at this point.  The phone is operating the way it was intended and do not want to risk anything until It has more time under its belt to see if any changes occur. One other note phone seems more stable in fringe 4G areas.  Seems to lock onto a 4G signal better.

demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

If it does come to the point where you would like to install those apps again, install them one at a time, with a couple days between. This will give you the best chance to see which one (if any) is giving you the problems. This is the best way to install apps anyway, if you install a dozen or so at once and your phone goes wonky, it makes trouble shooting a real bear.

DharmaDog
Enthusiast - Level 3

I really hope that the new device works out for you!  Please keep us informed as to how it is going!

As for me I am so extremely tired and frustrated with having to deal with the boot-looping problem!!  I'm ready to start seeking other avenues of getting satisfaction.  I have also started to experience audio issues.  I had no problems whatsoever with this phone prior to the update; including no audio issues which I know was a widespread problem for people.  I'm having intermittent waves of static and a loud click during playback both through the iBeats headphones.

Here is another example of someone from the HTC forum who has experienced the same problems on multiple units.  This is also reported in other forums and even here in this forum.

man i wish i would have read this stuff an few hours ago before i reset my rezound... im in a similar boat. im on my 2nd rezound, my 1st one had this reboot problem 1 week after i bought it (i shouldve got a new one then...) so i reset it then, then a month later same reboot problem so i did a reset. now here i am a month after that(bought in dec) i just got a refurbished cell last friday an here is is tuesday and im having the same problem.... i was pretty close to going back to uscc untill i read this post. so i hope if this happens again i can get the phone to load w/o the battery cover on and/or the sim card out.

i really hope this problem gets fixed ICS because i really like the phone other than this problem. i guess ill stop shutting my phone off at work, cause im sure as heck tired of redownloading apps and finding old bookmarks....     Thanks for the info!!"

0 Likes
RezoundUser
Enthusiast - Level 1

I bought my Rezound in February and it worked fine for a while then started what you called "bootlooping". At first it was random and would resolve itself by morning. Saturday afternoon it started it and won't stop. I'm glad you've posted this link. have you made any progress since the origninal posts? Any recommendations? Thanks!!

0 Likes
DharmaDog
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm sorry that you are also experiencing this problem that many of us are.  I have no new information or real progress to report.  The only recommendation I have is to follow the instructions in this post to prevent having to do a factory reset.  HTC and Verizon are supposedly working on it but I feel that may just be a way to make me go away.  I suggest you contact HTC and Verizon and let them know about the problems you are having.  They need to hear from as many people as possible to hopefully eventually take this problem seriously.  I suggest that rather than calling Verizon at *611 you instead call 1-800-922-0204.  Just ignore the computer prompts and dial #0000#.  The representatives here apparently have a lot more power to resolve  problems and make customers happy.  You can contact HTC at 866-449-8358 or go to http://www.htc.com/us/support/e-mail

It sill happens to me infrequently with no apparent reason or cause that I can determine.  You can try to make it less likely by making sure your phone is in 4G LTE mode and that "Fast Boot" is off before you restart your phone.  Again I'm sorry you are also having to deal with this.  No one at Verizon or HTC seems to care.  This is truly a great phone in every other way but does have these frustrating random unexplainable problems for some of us.  You will see above and also on the HTC support forum & other forums that getting a CLN replacement seems to make no difference.

Good luck to you!

Carm01

I have heard of this issue, but nvr experienced it. I am on a modified device however if you know what I mean, I have heard of users with modified devices having this issue too.

I would make a suggestion.

Go into settings, then power.

make sure the phone is set to performance, and NEVER let it sleep. I have not had any issues with those settings.

not sure if that would help, but i do know that if the phone sleeps, it has issues with getting back to 4G, it hangs on 3G until you re-boot it, or whatever

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

I had my Rezound set to automatic sleep and never had an issue with it hanging on 3G.

0 Likes
TominqueBo_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello All,

DharmaDog, have you tried another sim?  I know this was suggested in the HTC email you posted, however, I'm unclear if you have tried a different sim?  Excuse me if I missed this information, but I want to be sure all avenues has been attempted.  Thank you.

TominqueBo

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes