Why won't my Bold 9930 ring?
marken
Enthusiast - Level 1

My Bold 9930 does not ring at times.  The sound profiles are set appropriately and I'm using a standard ring tone.  I am able to cure the problem by doing a soft reboot.  I've noticed that it says "ringer off" and has a phone symbol with a line through it at the bottom of the screen when the phone is ringing.  Touching the screen does't affect it and I know of no other way to turn the ringer off.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why won't my Bold 9930 ring?
budone
Legend

Sounds like you may be turning the phones ringer down while it is in your pocket. If like other devices, the volume buttons will adjust the ringer.

0 Likes
marken
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks, but it is not the volume keys. I holster my device.

0 Likes
DaisyP_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks, budone, for your reply.

Hello marken,

I have researched the issue you’re experiencing with the volume on your device and this is not commonly reported. I recommend you select a different standard ring tone to set as your default ringtone and then retest. You can do this by going to: Sounds> Volume> Select Sound and Alert Profiles> Select the profile to change> Press the Menu key and select Edit> Select Phone> Ringtone> Press Menu and Save. I also ask that you make sure there are no items obstructing the device speaker such as cases and covers. Let us know if you continue to experience this difficulty.

DaisyP_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
shajithm

I am having the same issue. Over the last couple of weeks. my phone will not ring. I have the sound profile set right and I have the volume turned to 10 ( highest level). I can see a call come in and the phone will just not ring.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hey,

Have you tried a battery pull?  Sometimes that might get things back in working order.  Let me know if this works for you.

Doc

0 Likes
shajithm

Battery pull does not change anything. Still no ringing.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hey,

What version of device software are you running?  The latest is 7.1.0.163.  If you have not updated your device's software, that may resolve your issue.  Other than that, you may need to perform a device wipe and reload your software. 

Doc

0 Likes
Not applicable

shajithm,

Good morning! I'm sorry for the issue you are experiencing with the ring audio. You've done a great deal of troubleshooting. I do recommend that a "device wipe" be performed to return the phone to the factory settings. This wil eliminate the potential of software issues causing this error. Please follow the steps to back up your contacts and information in the same link as above.

Thank you!

AdamE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
shajithm

The device is running the latest version. After it completely stopped ringing, I took it to the store and they sent me a refurb replacement. Its been about a week and now this phone is starting to exhibit the same problem intermittently.

Any ideas.

0 Likes