Re: My Incredible keeps rebooting in a loop!!!
kkekke

What a joke...How many people need to complain about this before HTC/Verizon acknowledge that there is an issue.  My phone is now past warrenty & I have been told by all parties(htc, verizon) that I really don't have any options but to buy a new phone at full price...What a joke...

0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

ToniBWOLF wrote:

The Safe Mode solution did not work for my Incredible. Six apps did automatic updates, then my phone crashed. It's been stuck in a boot loop ever since. Are there any other solutions? Or will I have to replace my phone?

Hi ToniBWOLF,

I feel your pain. I would be frustrated if my phone rebooted constantly. As indicated by budone (thanks!) a Factory Reset is the next troubleshooting step that may resolve your phone's concerns. If the Factory Reset does not resolve your phone's concerns you may need to replace the phone. For details about the Certified Like New Replacement program process please visit this LINK.

0 Likes
bobby2k88

THIS ISSUE IS IN NOW WAY SOLVED..

Had the same issue with my HTC Incredible. Constant random reboots and could not connect to the mobile network. Have called Tech Support about 3 time for the same issue and they were somehow able to get the phone to connect to the mobile network. Every since they did the software update to the phone around 2 -3 months ago I have had nothing but problems with the phone. From constant random reboots that could go on up to an half hour to unable to connect to the mobile network. There are obvious problems with the phone that either the Mfg or Verizon does not want to address. I have had the phone about a year and a half and did not encounter these issue until about 3 months ago. Phone is no longer under warranty so my only option is to purchase a new phone.

The whole issue with the phone and constant tech support help has been very frustrating.    

0 Likes
jam34jam

. Is you phone any better now? My phone is still re-booting in safe mode! Frustrating!

0 Likes
bobby88

No, nothing has change. It's still junk. For awhile it was rebooting when I was on the internet, using the navigation and texting. Now it's when I make phone calls or not even using it. It's pretty much a useless phone. It looks like I have no other choice but to get a new phone. It will definitely not be a HTC phone and based on the other forums, it looks like the same thing is happening with some of the Motorola phones. So it looks like I will try one of the LG phones. I would like to stick with a Droid so the Iphone is not an option at this time. 

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Master reset didn't work?

0 Likes
bobby88

I've been through everything with this phone. Master Reset, Unmaster Reset, Hard Reset, Soft Reset, Safe Mode and Unsafe Mode. Nothing works. I have called tech support several times and even been into a store. Based on the other comments from this forum as well as the HTC forum it's just a bad phone that HTC or Verizon doesn't want to admit to. The phone is junk! A useless paperweight at this point.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Considering hundred of thousands of these devices are in use, it is hardly a piece of junk. I had to do one master reset due to a rebooting looping issue, fine ever since.

0 Likes
bobby88

Dude please go and troll some other message board. Enough of your useless propaganda. Leave this board to people who have legit issues and for people who are knowledgeable about how to fix the specific issue. You are adding no value to this conversation.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

bobby88 wrote:

Dude please go and troll some other message board. Enough of your useless propaganda. Leave this board to people who have legit issues and for people who are knowledgeable about how to fix the specific issue. You are adding no value to this conversation.

Dude, (just that word alone tells me the maturity of your posts and thoroughness of what you have done to fix the issue) just because you do not like what you hear or read does not mean I can not post how the device has worked for me so others can make a decision based on BOTH sides of the issue, not just YOUR propaganda.

And I suspect I have much more knowledge than you. As a master reset WILL work. However if you keep adding an app that causes issues, you will always have issues.

Also, I am offering help, been here for over two years. You have been here three DAYS and are tell others to go away???? Who is the troll?

0 Likes