Good for Enterprise App - Personal Data Plan
dpw5016

Hello All,

My company just began using the Good for Enterprise App.  I have an unlimited personal data plan on my droid and I want to keep my unlimited data and use the Good App for my work email.

Could someone please explain how I can do this?

I do not want to lose my unlimited data plan.  I have a co-worker that has an Iphone and the Good App works on her phone perfectly and she has the $30 personal data plan, so there must be a way.

Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Good for Enterprise App - Personal Data Plan
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It may depend on your company's settings, but Good for Enterprise usually requires that you have the $45 Enterprise Data plan. I would think that if you had the unlimited personal data plan that the reps would be able to convert it to the enterprise version.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
dpw5016

Can anyone from Verizon confirm that I could upgrade to the unlimited $45 plan now?

0 Likes
TominqueBo_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello dpw5016,

I can certainly look at your account and see what options you do have for the Good service.  Please DM me you name and mobile number so I may further assist.  Thank you. 

TominqueBo

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
dpw5016

Hey TominqueBo,

I have never done a DM b4.  I think I attempted to friend you or make a connection so I can send a DM.

I will try to DM once the friend/connection has been made.

Thanks,
Dan

0 Likes
mtblue

I've been working with Verizon for 2 days trying to figure out why this doesn't work.  Moved from the Personal Unlimited to the unlimited Corporate plan on my phone, and still no luck.  Waiting for my Telecom admin to get in touch with Good to try to figure out why.  So far, the only folks we have working on Good have had to move to a limited plan - which would really bad for me, as I'm regularly doing 5GB+ a month, and really don't want to pay $80 for a 10GB plan!

I'll post again when/if we figure out what's up and how we fix it.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Also make sure that your plan has a free feature code of "73666" included with your plan. You might have to call customer service to have the reps add it. Apparently it isn't included by default, but it is free to add.

I took this info off the facts from my company's FAQs for using Good Mobile on Verizon phones.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
mtblue

Thanks Ann, but Verizon is telling me that code is only valid for business lines - not personal accounts.  He's seeing if there's any way I can get this plan even tho I'm not a business.

0 Likes
mtblue

Well, that was a singularly unsatisfying experience with Verizon.  The person I was speaking to (who shall remain nameless - because he was really trying to be helpful - told me that NONE of the data plans for personal phones on Verizon would allow Good for Enterprise traffic.  The only way to make this work is that if the phone is under the company plan - not a personal phone - even with a company discount.  I know for a fact that this is not true, as we have people here at my company that are using this on personal phones - but either acquired the phone after Verizon stopped offering unlimited data - or were told that they had to switch to a limited data plan to make this work.  He offered to compare my plan information with someone who is using this to see what the difference is, but I'm hesitant to do this without causing others to lose this service when/if Verizon figures out they've done something wrong in the setup of their personal limited data plans that allows this traffic to work. 

So for now, I'm stuck between a rock (unlimited data) and a hard place (using Good for Enterprise).  I think for now, I'll stick with the rock.

0 Likes
davegr
Contributor - Level 2

I would not give up my unlimited.  Can you ask your company for a phone?  Makes us IT guys life easier when we have control of the phone rather than the end users using their personal phones.

~D

0 Likes