Does the verizon have smartphone with sim card support?
malaguku23

Does the verizon have smartphone with sim card support? I am looking for a smartphone that has sim card support.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Does the verizon have smartphone with sim card support?
Tidbits
Legend

Exactly what do you mean by sim card support?

Droid 2 global

Droid 3

Blackberry World phones

iPhone 4S

a few other 3G devices, but don't remember off the top of my head.

any 4G device uses sim cards.

Without knowing specifically what you need sim card support for not many people can help you.

Verizon is CDMA so without being a customer in good standing most sim card enabled devices can't be unlock to be used a GSM devices overseas.

0 Likes
malaguku23

Like when I go to other country I wanted to use a prepaid sim card with the phone.

0 Likes
malaguku23

Thanks for replying! I pay my bills on time Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

4G devices do not work overseas when it comes to the sim card. There are however rumors that the Resound does work overseas, but it requires voiding the warranty.

0 Likes
malaguku23

Thank you very much! I really appreciate your help. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

I thought the Droid 4 was the first global LTE phone?  That one should be able to add to the list if you are looking for a 4G phone.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Possibly I don't know much about the D4, and am not going to pick up one. I decided from this point forward I will not buy a device without ICS or better out of box, has hardware keys other than volume/power, and has an unlocked boot loader(or one that can be unlocked/locked for security reasons).

Maybe the D5 will meet those requirements or I may have to stick with Nexus devices.

0 Likes
Does the verizon have smartphone with sim card support?
davegr
Contributor - Level 2

D4 is a global device.  Might have to pick one up off craigslist when I go overseas.

~D

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

I did notice that they managed to crack the D4 already, not much mention about the bootloader, but being Motorola...